Are you ready for some football?

The Lions winning the Super Bowl is one of the harbingers of the apocalypse. The Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup is another. The Cubs winning the World Series already broke me of the seals.

1 Like

So Watson is suspended only 6 games for personal conduct violations…
Well that’s a slap on the wrist :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I mean, this is the NFL. If it wasn’t caught on tape, it doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

And it will be reduced.

1 Like

Wow, only 6, I thought for sure he’d lose at least half the season if not all of it. The NFL has 3 days to appeal.

1 Like

6 games is too damn little imo. It should be at least half the season, if not an entire one. However, I figure the fact that he sat all of last year played into it a bit. Could be wrong. Hopefully he gets more.

3 Likes

1 Like

I just read the article and see the NFLPA is not appealing. It probably helps to read before commenting, lol.

1 Like

Less than one quarter for each accuser. Utter, utter garbage decision.

Yeah, probably. I will say that 6 games is a damn joke. But, like I said earlier, considering he didn’t play all of last year probably played a factor. So, I guess he got a psuedo 23 game suspension, but it still stinks as raping and sexual assaulting women is (officially anyway) not as serious as smokin’ dope or betting on games for the NFL. Honestly, imo, a total crock of :poop:

2 Likes

To me, the “23 game suspension” was about the earlier accusations. This is a new one so he doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt on that to me. I guess the next question is whether there was been some sort of criminal or civil adjudication on the latest claim. I honestly haven’t followed it enough to know the answer. If not, can the NFL come back for another bite at the apple if a court finds against him?

1 Like

I believe he has now had 24 or more accusations thrown at him. But, I believe that almost all of them have been settled out of court. Obviously he is under the microscope now, but unless some other really major accusations come out, I believe the NFL has pretty much said their piece.

2 Likes

But if he’d smoked weed while sexually assaulting all those women, he would have been punished.

Just ugh.

2 Likes

That’s probably true. Twenty years ago, I would have said he would suffer potentially even more through lost endorsements and television appearances, but I’m not sure that’s the case anymore. Enough advertisers have shown they don’t care as long as a player has a high enough profile. Maybe in that sense, the real punishment is playing for the Cleveland Browns.

3 Likes

Good article on this whole mess.

1 Like

:laughing:

3 Likes

Wait a minute :face_with_monocle: I have questions :thinking:

2 Likes
2 Likes

this CANNOT be real

1 Like

Seen this a few times on my news feed so it might be or it’s a spoof that got by :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes