As A Woman I'd Like to say this

Home sweet home :joy:

1 Like

I never understood the fear of “doxxing”.

Then again, I grew up in the age of the White Pages, where anyone with your name could get your address and phone number, and that was considered normal. The world has appeared to move away from this to a more paranoid environment. When did that happen???

Here, I’ll doxx myself. This page has my phone number, home address, AND pictures of my whole family, kids included!

Feel free to call, or drop random unmarked packages on my doorstep! I have no guard dog, just a mostly blind cat!

And in those days, there was no internet, so you weren’t attracting the attention of random strangers. Yeah, anyone who wanted to could look you up, but they had to KNOW you in order to do that (and you also had the option to go unlisted if you wanted to)

Nowadays, it’s like everyone has the downside of being a celebrity without the fame and the money.

7 Likes

I shall turn up purely to judge the cats vision for myself , then I shall bid you good day.

1 Like

I just… don’t get it. I get that the internet is a thing, but random strangers could ALWAYS find out who you are. It’s just slightly easier now.

I mean, we have a police force that works for the most part… at least when they aren’t shooting YOU for no reason, that is…

1 Like

While she can always eventually make her way to her litterbox, she walks square into walls… I’ll just leave it at that.

1 Like

I just love it when GUYS show up on threads about women’s issues and say, ‘I don’t get it.’

13 Likes

If we did, the world wouldn’t have as many problems tbh.

2 Likes

And most of you here apparently do.

Much appreciated.

But I certainly don’t have any patience with a dude who’s already complained about Crow’s gender showing up to complain that women be complainin’.

4 Likes

I didn’t say anything about women’s issues. I am talking about doxxing in general, for all people.

I’m well aware of the unfortunate state of women in the world today, that are often times afraid to leave their houses due to concerns about vicious attacks from anywhere. Or, hell, even staying in their houses (Breonna Taylor anyone?). While I’ve never experienced it myself, my wife has made it clear to me that I have no idea what it feels like, so I’m not touching those issues with a 12 foot pole.

2 Likes

Except you just did.

I didn’t complain at all there. I just stated a fact and provided supporting video. Tell me where I complained in that post, please? Let’s take it to PM to not muck up the thread any further.

I think part of the issue is that saying “I don’t get it” makes it sound as if you are dismissing doxxing as a potential concern for anyone.

Maybe that isn’t what you meant, I don’t know. But I guess I can see how someone could take it that way.

2 Likes

Please explain further to me, because I don’t understand. My mind is open. We can go to PM if you wish, or hash this out here. I feel like you’re reading things into my words that I didn’t intend to put there. And while I pass as “male”, I actually consider myself non-binary, for whatever that may be worth (probably nothing).

I am dismissing doxxing… for anyone. I didn’t mention any genders, and I’m essentially trying to ask to have the fear explained to me, in small words, because I’m not very bright.

1 Like

Maybe you should have asked that question, if that was really all you were concerned about, somewhere else than in a thread about how women are treated on the internet.

3 Likes

Fair point, I just didn’t have anything to say about the rest of it (as I probably shouldn’t), so I kept my statements limited to the one thing that I felt I had something to speak about.

Doxxing, as I understand it, isn’t simply someone looking up your home address/phone number and possibly paying you a visit.

That information is then shared online among like-minded individuals who are upset about something you’ve allegedly done to upset them, and they organize to harass you by phone, email, at home, etc.

They will also target your place of business in attempt to get you fired.

8 Likes

C’mon now, I don’t believe that for a second. :laughing:

How’s about we let it all go and pop this thread back on to the point of the thread? Plenty other locations to discuss other issues and opinions. :relaxed:

4 Likes