Cover versions that are better than the originals

I like the original and the cover you posted.

1 Like

The Neville Brothers turned this into a good song.

2 Likes

I think I have mentioned this sarcastic Western Swing-ish reimagining of a famous TV theme but never posted it. So here’s one urgent ommission fixed. :smile_cat:

Don’t do drugs, Kids. Well, most of 'em.

2 Likes

I’m just going to mention three 10/10 (IMO) albums that that are all covers of the same original artist, who I also like.

Black Keys Choulahoma (Junior Kimbrough)
Seu Jorge Life Aquatic (David Bowie)
Sin Kil Moon Tiny Cities (Modest Mouse)

unnamed

TheLifeAquaticStudioSessions

1 Like

Cover? Collaboration? Eh, still one of my favs of all time.

1 Like

Forgot about that Sun Kill Moon cover of Tiny Cities. That is a good one, will have to give that album another listen soon.

Mark Kozelek also has a full album of acoustic AC/DC covers. He manages to find some real depth and pathos in them, in spite of them being… well, AC/DC songs.

2 Likes

I remember a buddy quipping that he’d be angry at Run-DMC forever for revitalizing Aerosmith’s career. :laughing:

Me? I find it perpetually disappointing that every difference of opinion can’t be resolved so quickly and with so little (relative) damage. [sigh]

3 Likes

This post over in the needless polls reminded me of this cover of Pop Muzik:

(I’m sort of adjacent to this; my husband was acquainted with Jenn and Bogart from the Toronto goth scene around…er, the turn of the century lol)

3 Likes

I think I keep forgetting to add this gem of a Toto cover:

(Should work well for Fat Tuesday. :pancakes: )

2 Likes
1 Like

HUGE upgrade here, IMHO.

Can’t praise Tsoy’s channel enough. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

:grin: Psssst… Crissy… over here.

1 Like

My dear hot pot of chuck, surrounded by tender carrots, fluffy potatoes and onion slices swimming in a beautiful rich broth!

Thank you. That was really really good!

2 Likes

Big Zeppelin fan since the first time I heard them…still am.

But only Tina knows how to get it greasy.

4 Likes

Oh, A.J…

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes