Dibs on the unclaimed merch... since so many haven't filled out surveys.

I think a majority of the coffee table books from the first KS campaign were damaged in shipment to backers. I know mine had some damage, but I didn’t ask for a replacement. The packaging they used provided no protection for the corners at all.

This made up for the damage though:

8 Likes

So… in other words, everything else’s fine?

4 Likes

Yep. The pages were fine (at least in mine), and the content is great.

4 Likes

@FlyingSquid
i wish he had released some/any unused or non-movie sound pieces he has ever made….there has to be some stuff

2 Likes

I would love a t-shirt nobody claimed! I would have had no problem donating money but money is beyond tight for us now that both of my parents live in my house with no income. Mst3k fights off my depression, this show is literally a life saver for me. I’m so glad the show won’t just disappear!
Happy So Excited GIF

6 Likes

Yah, that corner damage is what they call “bumping” in the book business. It’s probably the single most common kind of transit damage books suffer. A close second is “rubbing”, where there is wear to edges or surfaces.

4 Likes

I seem to remember a lot of Bumping and Rubbing damages in Youth Untamed… but I can’t recall seeing any books.

7 Likes

They were probably obscured from view by Mamie Van Doren.

4 Likes

You can find almost all of the original episodes on YouTube. The ones missing are the ones that were recalled. Some KTMA ones are there too. ROKU has some on Amazon Prime and Netflix. Shoutfactory’s ROKU channel has all of the available ones from the original run also, but with a lot of commercials. If you don’t mind seeing the same ad 6 times in a row, then it’s okay. If you’re like me, and I know I am, you don’t like sitting through commercials. YouTube RED lets you watch without interruption.

3 Likes

That almost happened to me. I pledged and nearly couldn’t afford to pay for everything due to changes in my life circumstances. I actually didn’t get charged during the initial pledge like @LadyShelley mentioned. Everything collapsed around me during the final two days of the campaign and I forgot about it until it was too late to cancel. They held everything until survey time and it still took me a few weeks to fill out the survey, but I almost decided not to. Of course I have priorities and well, MST3K is life!

5 Likes

Dibs on doing the cross-dominant arm coin flips!

And a musical snow globe. Would that I could have afforded a musicical snow globe. <le sigh>

I’ll take a hoodie (I’m a large :grin::+1:) or a music box!!! I’d buy both myself if I weren’t a preschool teacher and actually had the money.

I feel you. I’m a preschool teacher and love my job, but I don’t make almost anything. Plus I care for my parents, so I really feel you.

fyi - there are currently reasonably priced cofffee table books on that popular selling site that starts with an e.
good luck :boom::sunglasses::facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

dang…just after posting i went back to see the price and they were gone; there were 2 available
hopefully someone on here got them

2 Likes

*checks calendar *
*checks watch *

Okay. That’s it. We’ve given them enough time.

Now we’re going to have a Tekken Tag Tournament tournament to determine who gets the unclaimed merch.

4 Likes

After getting an email from the Kickstarter 5 months back, I MIGHT buy the coffee table book at a discounted price at around next month or so. So I’ll just wait for that.

4 Likes

You got an autograph from John Hodgman?! He’s a PC!

2 Likes

John Hodgman? The Other Paper Chase Guy?! You’re so coool…

2 Likes

And NO- I started this thread, I get the gimmes. all you johnny-come-maybe-around-4s can just back the heck darn off!*

gimme gimme

*(that’s right, I said heck darn, you wanna go?)

2 Likes