Did anyone else have a crush on a character?

So I’m happily married, middle-aged, and have reached the part of maturity where “crushes” take on a much more platonic tone. This has led to what I call the geek-crush.

Geek crushes aren’t about love or sex. You’re just happy to see them when they’re on-screen. You hang on their every word. You resonate with their energy. Often, they just make you laugh.

With all that said, I would pick Emily as my geek crush. She is a delight every time.

20 Likes

In that case, my geek crush is Crow.

11 Likes

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned:

• Tina from the beginning of Horror of Party Beach
  • Terry from Teenage Crime Wave
  • The Mom from Mac & Me

Apparently there’s something I like about a short-haired woman who doesn’t conform to traditional gender norms.

9 Likes

That’s a really good way of describing it. Well said, sir!

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

6 Likes

I’m polyamorous and bisexual, there is only prey.

6 Likes

All I can think is a quote from one of those Instagram reel sounds:

“Your crush doesn’t know you exist? Girl, my crush doesn’t even exist!”

:eyes::eyes::eyes: I feel so seen.

(What can I say? The bar got set unrealistically high early! :joy:)

9 Likes

I have to admit, I have always been envious of the jumpsuits of Jonah Heston and Mike Nelson, not envious that they have them mind you, but envious of the actual suits themselves for the jobs they have.
Though I feel I have to clarify it is the characters I ogle, the actors I respect as human beings and cannot guarantee attraction to, as proved by my undying love of Rory Gilmour but my apathetic feelings for Alexis Bledel.

6 Likes

By this definition, my geek crush is Werner Herzog, and I really don’t know how to feel about that.

7 Likes

Apparently she’s a baker now and owns a bakery in LA called Aunt Joy’s Cakes. I wanna try them, but they don’t ship outside of LA yet. :frowning:

4 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot The Hoff in Starcrash. That blonde Dry Look / eyeliner combo…
w1idbu25zff21

10 Likes

I suppose there’s also the aforementioned Starcrash star Caroline Munro, if you’re into that sort of thing.
(And by sort of thing I mean really hot ladies wearing tiny leather outfits, shooting guns & kicking a** - a photo worth reposting)

15 Likes

I agree with Margaret Lee, but I don’t know where to stop honestly:

I don’t think anybody picked Jayne Mansfield from Loves of Hercules! Wowza!

Always thought Dawn Bender from Teenagers from Outer Space was really cute.

Modern-era pick Yvonne Freese (Mega-Synthia)!!!

11 Likes

She’s great and it’s probably my favorite episode.

5 Likes

It’s my favorite of all Joel’s episodes, though mostly when I think of the various beauties it’s more along the lines of, Why weren’t they the ones to seal him up in that water-bound coffin? And then why did that scene have to be ruined by Babyface rescuing him?

At the very least, I’d like there to be a re-discovered scene where one of them gets tired of his cigarette-thieving and proceeds to punch out his lights.

6 Likes

OMG- can’t believe I left her out!
Gypsy/GPC :heart::heart::heart: I do love her too, even though I’m no Richard Baseheart :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

I have to add my vote for the beautiful redhead princess from Quest of the Delta Knights.

7 Likes

How did we get this far without anyone mentioning the hunchback fairy or Marfushka from Jack Frost?

mst3k813babayaga

Nothing more beautiful that a woman sitting in the snow eating raw onions while she waits for her dowry - unless of course it’s a woman who will toss you in an oven if she gets the chance.

12 Likes

“I’m Peter Graves and we’ve got movie sign on A&E.”

2 Likes

Ctrl-f: Torgo No results
Ctrl-f: Ortega No results

Seriously, no one is willing to admit it?

4 Likes

Being groped and leered at doesn’t have the same luster it used to, I guess. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like