Did anyone else have a crush on a character?

True

4 Likes

ā€œI looked into itā€“Thereā€™s an air shortage and an avocado with robots.ā€

7 Likes

Well, I tend to crush on the actors rather than the characters they play, but one character does come to mind.

Anna Maria Polani as Agar in HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN.

Anna Maria Polani

Sheā€™s brave, resourceful, loyal, and arguably Samarā€™s most capable leader of the resistance.

Sheā€™s also una bella donna.

15 Likes

Megaforce is a movie worthy of MST3K riffing. Plus it has the most handsome lead actor.

best actor vhs GIF by rotomangler

10 Likes

Since Beverly Garland was covered, Iā€™ve gotta go with Joy Harman from Village of the Giants. Iā€™d post images from the movie but I dunno if theyā€™ll get deleted. ^^;

9 Likes

Soā€¦ Caucazoids in jumpsuits. (Well, why not?)

3 Likes

I canā€™t tell if youā€™re serious or not, but either way look up the YT clip of him dancing and singing up a storm in 1978ā€™s Movie Movie. Itā€™s so cute!

4 Likes

Barry Bostwick was having loads of fun on the set of Megaforce. Lewis ā€œLinkaraā€ Lovhaug and Allison Pregler do a better job of describing this movie than I could.

7 Likes

Androcles (Ettore Manni) from Hercules And The Captive Women sure looked cute in that minidress and cape. Likewise Lt. Dick (Tony McCoy) in the grand finale of Bride Of The Monster when most of his shirt had been tampered with. Even if Ed Wood himself didnā€™t think he was much of an actor, it was nice of them to set out a little something for the ladies*.

I had a real thing for Frank Ashmore when he was on V so Iā€™ll give a nod to his short time in Parts: The Clonus Horror , out of nostalgic sentiment. :slightly_smiling_face:

*[ETA - Perhaps these were memorable moments for fellas who like the fellas, too. I donā€™t want to be exclusionary :slightly_smiling_face: ]

4 Likes

Never bothered to watch Gary Lockwood in anything else, but honestly he was adorable in that movie, too. (Itā€™s my second-favorite of all the Joel episodes.) I just ignore the bronzer.

3 Likes

Thumbkiss

9 Likes

He really was, wasnā€™t he? Thereā€™s a lot of hamming it up going on with that cast, but you can tell that he was just on top of the world. For the most part Iā€™m glad there isnā€™t much overlap between RiffTrax and MST3K, but Iā€™d like to see the SOL crew take a shot at this one.

And speaking of Bostwick, do you suppose the worldā€™s ready for a riff of Rocky Horror?

8 Likes

Isnā€™t the whole point of Rocky Horror to riff it? Only if Mike Nelson dresses up as Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

9 Likes

No lie: she became an abstract painter. Maybe not the best, but for sure a better painter than actor.

5 Likes

Robert Plant in Hobgoblins and girlfriend-mom in Space Mutiny.

5 Likes

That reminds me - BB posted this back in 2012. A fun watch.

8 Likes

The Girl from Cool Hand Luke.

I always get her mixed up with Joy Bang, though apart from being roughly the same age, working at roughly the same time, having roughly the same hair color and the same first name, they are complete opposites.

4 Likes

Great overview. Thanks !

(I always feel so bad for Persis Khambatta. She deserved better, here and elsewhere.)

8 Likes

Oh yeah, Gregory Peck was in Space Travelers, wasnā€™t he?

Gregory Peck can get it. Awooga!

11 Likes

Thereā€™s a reason they put that man in charge of NASA. Pure animal magnetism.

9 Likes