Favorite Musical Sequence/Bit?

This one always kills me. Love it!!

6 Likes

8 Likes
12 Likes

Love that one - you should share that screengrab here (it fits the size requirements and is a nice clear pic)

3 Likes

Along similar lines, the medley they sing to the closing theme of Werewolf. Tusk!

11 Likes

Servo’s “Creepy Girl” song from Catalina Caper.

9 Likes

I still have to go with “When I Held Your Brain in My Arms.” Between Mike Nelson lip-syncing Kevin Murphy’s fabulous vocals, the lyrics, and the Ink Spots pastiche melody, it’s my go-to MST3K musical bit.

15 Likes

Their take on the Gamera theme from “Gamera vs Guiron.” I know it’s not one of the bigger productions like some of the ones already mentioned, but it’s endearing. It was one of the first episodes I saw back in '91 or '92 and that bit was one of the things that cemented my love.

10 Likes

For me it’s definitely “Supercalifragilisticexpiali-wacky”. I just love that little musical send up.

9 Likes

The Episode Guide said that the jokes for Attack of the Giant Leeches did a real number on the South, and they don’t regret it. And to be honest, as a lifelong resident of the South . . .this is hardly an exaggeration:

11 Likes

One song everyone seems to forget is Slow the Plot Down from Mighty Jack. I’ve sung “we’ll scuttle the story and run her aground” during movies that haven’t been MSTed (yet?).

12 Likes

:rofl: Great choice. I forgot about this one

3 Likes

I always sing along with the closing credits of Werewolf.

10 Likes

Love “Master Ninja Theme Song.” I recorded it on a little cassette player when I was a kid and played the hell out of it in the '90s.

12 Likes

“My Wild Irish Ireland” is technically a sequel to this. Because it employs the same squeezebox.

6 Likes

The Secret Agent Super-Dragon Trio. No contest.

“It ain’t SUPPOSED to be COMMERCIAL, Maaaan. It’s JAZZ!!”

:saxophone: :violin: :musical_keyboard:

Runner-up: “To Earth.” (Too obvious? All right then. “Tubular Boobular Joy,” and that’s my final offer for today.)

8 Likes

One of many favorites

9 Likes

The other fan who lives here looked super-pained when I said that the Topical Satirical Revue sketch hadn’t been named yet. Says it’s his favorite, so I must add it.

(By the way, “Better double-bag The Punisher” has long been the go-to line in our house anytime one or both of us is reading comics… though it’s slightly modified from the original.)

[ETA- D’oh! @RocketNumber11-2 did mention it earlier. Whew! :sweat_smile:]

7 Likes

I have a hard time choosing just one, but I feel like “Concepts” deserves a special mention for being the first segment my MST-wary mother absolutely loved!!!

8 Likes

“Concepts” is one of those songs where I feel like the writers were showing-off. (And Baron’s performance of the song was masterful.)

Even if you don’t care for the show, you can walk away from this song thinking, “DAAAAMN - these people are supremely talented.”

8 Likes