Games, movies, albums, and shows you're impatiently looking forward to and why?

Vinland Saga season 1 was stellar but while it was successful, I feel like not enough people saw it because it was a Prime show and I feel like people don’t go to Prime for anime, primarily (no pun intended). I’m so psyched for season 2.

The series is about vikings and the first season has some amazing, complex characters including a villain who is both weirdly loathable and noble and enigmatic. I don’t want to give too much away but season one ends in jaw dropping fashion as everything is upended and the status quo completely changes and then says “End of Prologue”. I hope all of this epic gets animated.

Plus it’s the only anime I’m aware of that prominently features my province in the opening credits.

2 Likes

Fire Emblem Engage comes out tomorrow and I’m more stoked than I’ve been for a new game for a good long while. I will emerge from my Fire Emblem Chrysalis long enough to enjoy the Overdrawn tribute, but most of tomorrow will be spent waging war against the backdrop of video game melodrama.

4 Likes

Recent convert to Fire Emblem and I started Engage last night and was very excited that I could set the audio to Japanese and the text to English. Not generally a fan of English voice acting in video games. Willing to accept that the Japanese is probably just as over the top, but I enjoy it anyway. It’s also fun - with my limited Japanese - to listen and see how different what they’re saying can be.

I need to set it aside once I finish all the prologue/tutorial chapters and get to the Somniel, because I want to get Fates and Awakening to the point where I can buy the DLC (I think about 6 chapters in on both) before the 3DS/Wii U eShop closes in March.

4 Likes

Kim to my Crow is back! Looks like a good movie even without Rachel since it’s from the director of the criminally underrated Edge of Seventeen and based on an iconic and loved book.

2 Likes

Yup. Chapter 5 and it doesn’t take too long for either one. In case you didn’t know, you can’t just pay with a credit card anymore on the 3DS shop. You have to add funds to your account through the Nintendo website (Make sure to put a little extra in for tax). The magic web address is: Nintendo Account.

3 Likes

Yup, I linked my 3DS/Wii U eShop account to my Switch account a long time ago and I have it prefunded with enough to get all the 3DS Fire Emblem DLC, I think. Although I bought the Engage DLC day 1, so I might have to add a bit more.

3 Likes

IT FINALLY ARRIVED!!!

2 Likes

Tears of the Kingdom TOMORROW. Been a while since I’ve been this excited for a game.

3 Likes

And all the early reviews/first looks have been extra complementary about it too, so :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

All the reviews have been 10/10 or close to, and then the comments are full of “Man, this is just BotW DLC that they should’ve given us for free”. Lesson being: never read the comments; trolls are awful.

As I mentioned in another thread, mine is stuck in a FedEx distribution center. So at least one more day for me. And the second lesson being: never ship anything via FedEx; this happens every time with them.

1 Like

I can safely say it’s SO much more than BotW DLC. There’s a big new mechanic and it works shockingly well. Like I keep saying, “there’s no way this is gonna work” and it WORKS!

4 Likes

Just got picked up by The CW.

3 Likes

Yeah, every review is like “I’ve played over 100 hours so far and I just finished the main story and half the map is unexplored and half the side quests aren’t finished”. Using an updated version of the same game engine and reusing some assets to make an entirely new huge game is not “just DLC”.

3 Likes

Indeed.

“The evidence before the court is incontravertable,
There’s no need for the jury to retire.”

(Album: earlier. Movie:1982.)

3 Likes

Seeing all the people enjoying the new Zelda makes me kind of sad. Not sad that they are enjoying it, but sad that I don’t have a machine that can play it. I have also never played Breath of The Wild.

But maybe I should hook up the Wii and get back into either my Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword replays…

4 Likes

Crazy…
sneaking bart simpson GIF

1 Like

I don’t know anything about your financial situation, but the Switch Lite is pretty affordable (compared to other current consoles) and the Zelda games all (BotW, Link’s Awakening, Skyward Sword HD, TotK) work fine on it.

1 Like

New Futurama dropping on Hulu July 24th, I’m so excited I forgot to put clothes on before I came here to tell you all!

Anyways hooray!

comedy central laughing GIF

3 Likes

Not sure when it’s coming to the States, but I’ve waited years for it. When this release date was first announced I didn’t get too jazzed, as there have been delays in the past. But it sounds like it’s actually going to happen.

It tops the list for my most anticipated movies of 2023. These are films I’m hoping will show up as nominees, maybe winners, on next year’s blog post (my personal awards). Also, hopeful they don’t wind up on the bummers list by seasons end (movies you look forward to that let you down)

1. How Do You Live? (Hayao Miyazaki)
  2. Asteroid City (Wes Anderson)
  3. Afire (Christian Petzold)
  4. The Peasants (Dorota Kobiela)
  5. Monster (Hirokazu Kore-eda)
  6. Killers of the Flower Moon (Martin Scorsese)
2 Likes

Looking forward to this now.

Coming this summer to Steam and https://t.co/RwdSLQAxOV! Dangeresque: The Roomisode Triungulate! pic.twitter.com/bdAStnTDpP

— Strong Bad (@StrongBadActual) May 25, 2023

Dangeresque: The Roomisode Triungulate on Steam (steampowered.com)

1 Like