Give 'em a cheer while they're still here!

How about America Ferrera’s parents?

1 Like

Them too.

How about Chad Everett’s parents?

1 Like

It’s ok if you aren’t born there.

1 Like

Or Paris Hilton’s?

1 Like

There are many reasons to be suspicious of Barron Hilton.

Today marks the 90th birthday of NHL legend Scotty Bowman!

With a coaching career that lasted from 1967 to 2002, he holds the record for most wins in NHL history with 1,244 regular season wins and 223 Stanley Cup playoff wins. While coaching in St. Louis, Montreal, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Detroit, he led his teams to a record nine Stanley Cup championships. He is the only NHL coach to lead three teams (Montreal, Pittsburgh and Detroit) to Stanley Cup victories. And that powerhouse Canadiens team of the 70’s won 4 Cups in a row from 1976-79!

So let’s wish Scotty Bowman a good day, eh?

5 Likes

Today is also the 83rd birthday of Francis Thomas Avallone, better known as The Million Eyes of Sumuru star, Frankie Avalon!

55fb03cbc3396

6 Likes

In lieu of a cheer, our next honoree prefers belly rubs.

6 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

Doc is in? Doc is not in?

Turn out, Doc is in and is 96!

In addition to being the Tonight Show bandleader for a quarter of a century, Carl “Doc” Severinsen also had a lengthy recording career in which he performed with such legendary figures as Dinah Washington, Tony Bennett, Gerry Mulligan, Tito Puente, Anita O’Day, Ben Webster, Henry Mancini, Jimmy Smith and Dizzy Gillespie among many others.

Here’s a bit of unexpected trivia: Did you know he is credited as the co-writer of the 1974 Mac Davis hit, “Stop and Smell the Roses”?

9 Likes

I saw him play live in the 80s at my college. I think he was with a band called Xebron.

2 Likes

In this case, I’m giving not only a cheer, but also a “get well soon”.

9 Likes

Oh no, a broken femur is serious. Sadly, at her age, a break like that is often the beginning of the end. Hopefully she recovers.

7 Likes

Want to feel old? Toni Basil turned 80 last week.

5 Likes

But she was dancing around to amuse some giant teenagers the last time I saw her!

4 Likes

It always amazes me when people live that long, but he’s also a very cool guy.

7 Likes

Especially when he was close to death last winter!

4 Likes

Laugh-In creator George Schlatter is 94 and has a new book out.

I know they (I think Frank specifically) made mention of Schlatter in some sketch on MST3K, but I can’t recall where/when.

4 Likes
6 Likes