Knitting, crocheting and stuff

Good plan. How is the weight of the fabric? I’m guessing it will need backing for many projects, but is it pretty substantial itself?

3 Likes

I ordered it on the petal signature cotton. To be honest, it’s very lightweight and stiffer than I would like. I might order some more on a heavier weight fabric. This will work for my bias edging though since it will be basically double layered.

3 Likes

Ah, there’s multiple fabric choices. Very nice! Wasn’t sure if it was POD on a basic stock fabric or not. Good that they have more range. Good luck with your next run!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Would you share your Spoonflower name? Or tags?

When my Oldest daughter mentioned Spoonflower to me the first time, I spent most of two days trolling the site. When she had the nerve to ask me what I was doing, I told her I was busy spending their inheritance.

But seriously, I bought the sample kit. Haven’t done anything with it yet and they have debuted a couple of new fabrics since last year. TIA.

3 Likes

I think it’s just YettiChild. At least, that’s my user name. I didn’t check the box to sell the fabric, cuz the imagery isn’t mine, so I don’t know if you’d be able to see it. I’m very new to the site myself.

2 Likes

It might be worth going to the trouble to get official approval for fans to use your art. Thanks for responding.

2 Likes

No, probably not. MST has always had a kinda casual relationship to copyright (keep circulating the tapes), but legally if you ASK they’ll have to say no, even if they don’t want to.

So don’t ask.

3 Likes

I was given permission by Ivan to use the imagery to have fabric made as long as it’s for personal use not sale.

3 Likes

wow, wonderful

3 Likes

Crochet, mostly ; I started quilting during quarantine. About to see if I can remember how to cross-stitch. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m baffled by the dark arts of knittery and crochetomancy, but my wife has been doing the latter for a long while. Here’s a shot of her pandemic blanket she’s been working on. The gauge is so small that you can’t get a finger through the biggest holes. It’s so much yarn!

3 Likes

Hi all, knitter here. I’ve always wanted to do a Joike/Joikah sweater.

Maybe someday after I do my long planned intarsia Strong Bad mask sweater. :laughing:

9 Likes

Or she might quilt more of you did get her one?

2 Likes

I’m a cross stitcher and lacemaker, also dabble in other things from time to time like card making etc

2 Likes

I can knit, but I decided to learn to crochet recently. I started a “sampler” blanket. Each square is a different crochet pattern. It’s a kit, and they send everything you need for 3 squares each month. I’m very proud to say that after 8 months I have made

One and a half squares.

7 Likes

Yeah, well, I’ve been knitting for like, 35, 40 years and I’ve barely picked up the needles the last year or two.

I’m just worn to a nubbin these days.

Don’t stress yourself out about it. It’s not of cosmic importance.

2 Likes

I’m not particularly stressed about it. I’m just kind of amazed that it is SO MUCH HARDER than everyone told me it is. I know a lot of people who crochet who just rocket through projects and are amazed that I can knit because it “looks so hard” and “crochet is so much easier and faster” and … I’ve made what’s basically a washcloth.

HOW DOES IT WORK.

5 Likes

It works with practice, same as anything else. While I generally prefer knitting, I do think crochet is easier, but it uses different muscles so you need to work on that muscle memory.

2 Likes

My wife has tried to show me how to crochet several times. I like to think I am a fairly clever, competent person…and I do not understand what she is doing at all. It is some kind of yarn wizardry, and I am content to leave it at that.

I have a huge amount of respect for fabric crafts in general. I don’t think sewing, knitting, spinning, crochet, etc. get anything like enough love from the industrial arts crowd of which I am a part.

(Edited to add a missing “am”)

5 Likes