Knitting, crocheting and stuff

I know, right!? I watch my wife crochet some times and it appears to be some kind of hand-made alchemy. She used to knit and it was the same thing. My only conclusion is that she’s a witch.

5 Likes

Crochet I just cannot understand

I have, however, recently started Needle Tatting (blame GISH) so once I get the hand of that I might have a go at some MST3K designs

3 Likes

Crochet is difficult, yes, but try learning it when you’re left handed.

I’ve gotten pretty good, but I have to Google how to do stitches left handed whenever I’m learning a new one.

3 Likes

Hello!
I’m also a knitter. Haven’t made anything MST3K yet, but I would love to give it a try some time :smiley:

4 Likes

This is a piece embroidered by my mother. She runs an at home workplace for embroidery and sewing alterations. The good folks at MST said they were okay for having the logo sewn on.

3 Likes

If somebody made this sweater and I was drunk enough I would buy it in a heartbeat.

For whatever reason, I buy some of the best stuff when I’m buzzed. Also I talked about this sweater recently with someone, I think my friend I’m staying with.

JOIKE! JOIKE! JOIKE! JOIKE!
Angry He Man GIF

3 Likes

Heyo! Quis here. I love collecting hobbies I will never used and got good enough at crocheting, knitting, and quilting that I felt accomplished and then stopped. I made a bunch of stuff when my daughter was really small (a purse, some scarves, a few hats, a lovely blanket that had crocheted flowers). Then when my son went off to college I knitted a 2-color brioche scarf in his school colors. That required me to knit, perl, and use knitting in the round. It was very hard and the project came out beautifully. And thus, so accomplished, I literally haven’t even touched my knitting needles in 3 years. I also spent $18 a skein for some lovely alpaca wool when my daughter was going through her I-love-llamas phase and I haven’t done anything with it except one crocheted hat.

I’m a terrible hobbyist.

But I do enjoy talking about it and seeing other peoples’ projects. My mother has approximately all of my daughter’s baby clothes and is supposed to make a quilt for her out of them. She’s had the project for about 4 years now and I’m pretty sure she hasn’t even started cutting yet. But she assures me that she has been thinking about how to do it. I suppose I come by my procrastination honestly. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I really think there needs to be a JOIKENAHMILY sweater, with the words wrapping around the back.

8 Likes

Or do the Gilligan’s Island thing: JOIKAHandtherest.

4 Likes

I knit, crochet, cross stitch, do a bit of embroidery and weaving, and dabble in various other crafts. However, I don’t have any MST3K-related projects yet. I do have a couple of half-finished sketches for some MST cross stitch patterns, but nothing I’m really happy with yet.

2 Likes

I need some advise. I’m designing a large mst3k cross stitch pattern, and I’m working on the mads right now. I have a design for Dr. F and Frank that I like, but the bodies are a bit ambiguous in terms of their position. The problem is it’s kind of hard to tell they have their arms crossed, but every attempt I’ve made to place back stitches to outline their arms it has looked TERRIBLE. It going to be on a black background so I feel like I need to outline Frank’s arms and I’m kind of stuck.

Any advise? Does it look okay as is?

7 Likes

I made some adjustments.

4 Likes

If you found or made a reference photo it might help with placement?

3 Likes

I used a reference photo to design it and tried multiple times, but first some reason I just can’t get it right :sob: Thanks for the suggestion though.

3 Likes

Okay. Here is the mockup of my sister’s Christmas present. Hopefully she doesn’t see it.

There are a couple of places that display weird, like Mike’s mouth and Emily’s eyes, but let me know what you think!

19 Likes

It looks friggin’ sick, dude.

6 Likes

Thanks! It took forever to design it all.

2 Likes

Pretty Nice!

5 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

FINALLY finished the MST3K logo:

27 Likes