MST episodes for Halloween Not Including Manos

1. The Unearthly, the strong shorts lineup really helps

2. The head that wouldn’t die. Jan in the pan was hysterical

3. And Aztec Mummy. Halloween and mummies just go together :heart:!

7 Likes

Really? No one has mentioned Samson vs. The Vampire Women yet?

7 Likes

I love Final Sacrifice or Touch of Satan. Touch of Satan is sentimental as it got my oldest son into MST3K. We still talk about being walnut farmers.

4 Likes

Just rewatched that one a couple weeks ago. One of my favorite

1 Like

That is a good choice. It even has masks!

2 Likes

Which I always thought of as the Manos of the Sci-Fi era.

2 Likes

**Screaming Skull :skull: for me!

That movie is perfect for Halloween-perhaps followed by “Tormented”

7 Likes

I feel like there’s quite a few Cinematic Titanic episodes that would be great for Halloween (The Oozing Skull, Wasp Woman, Legacy Of Blood, Frankensteins’ Castle Of Freaks)

4 Likes

Godzilla vs megalon!

5 Likes

Alien from LA. Got rather costume-y when they hit “Atlantis”.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not available to the masses, but I’d choose Godzilla vs Megalon. I became a Godzilla fan a few years ago. It really needs riffing. I have a plain version on DVD. Toho made a lot of cheesy movies. The only way to watch it riffed is if you’re lucky enough to have taped it off TV.

I actually grew to like Manos. I’ve seen worse movies. The Mads are looking for the wrong material to torture a middle aged cynic. Luckily I realized I shouldn’t give them ideas.

4 Likes

But the fish have to live SOMEWHERE!

2 Likes

Incredible Melting Man.
Just don’t forget to buy crackers.

4 Likes

With Revenge of the Creature mentioned, I might as well toss in The Deadly Mantis, The Mole People, and The Thing That Couldn’t Die. Despite being the lesser of Universal’s horror output, it was nice to see the Sci-Fi Channel era of MST3K gain access to their collection.

4 Likes

Merlin’s Shop is terrifying

4 Likes

There are so many to choose from, but I think I have to go with Bride of the Monster.

3 Likes

Another good spooky Rifftrax is Ghosthouse, especially if you like 80s horror and haunted houses. A film that’s both delightfully bad and also one that I would legit watch on its own because it is kind of scary.

6 Likes

Squirm is the only one I found actually creepy in parts so I always think of that first in October.

2 Likes

Hamlet. That is one scary, brutal episode to get through because the film is so bad :open_mouth:

1 Like

Heh, how do they describe it in the episode? Something like “cheesy, pork-filled Hamlet”?

We also have Bloodlust! and The Atomic Brain for the “people who screw with people for their own reasons” factor. Pod People has to be up there as well.
On the RiffTrax side, Birdemic has all the heavy-handed signboard toting of Avatar with less blueness and some of the most embarrassing CGI in film history, and there’s a Just the Jokes mp3 file for the original Poltergeist.

1 Like