MST3K: The Final Episode

Gawd, you and me both. The last book on Keaton I read, spoke of LB as being a highly moral man… you mean the guy who mentally abused Judy Garland, shamed her appearance, and according to Judy, groped her breasts, that highly moral Mayer? Or maybe the LB who in anger, suggested that Billy Wilder (a jew) should be shipped back to Germany, that moral Mayer? Yeah, LB was a paragon.

4 Likes

I told you not to get me started!

giphy

2 Likes

Uhhhhhh…that would be Bobby Driscoll.

His story did NOT end well…

3 Likes

And to try to stay on topic…

I think they should riff the first (national) episode, The Crawling Eye (not the movie, the actual episode.)

Then, at the end, it pulls back and Mike is watching it all with (Kevin) Servo and (Bill) Crow. They agree they have definitely seen it before.

4 Likes

I would be quite happy with The Crawling Eye being the head and tail of this particular Ouroboros again, since it essentially has been once already. It’s also one of my favorite episodes.

5 Likes

This is making me think of the riff-along to Moon Zero Two they did during COVID. Season One has enough pauses that they could do it with pretty much any episode that season. I’d love them to do it again to another episode.

5 Likes

Green Slime. THE SONG IS SO GOOD!

5 Likes

Battlefield Earth

Of course Scientology would likely sue the crap out of them, whether they got rights to do it or not. Which is why it would be a great pick for their last episode. Who they gonna sue, the company that no longer exists? Go for it, and good luck keeping ahead of the YouTube streams if they do manage to lock the original riff in a vault somewhere.

3 Likes

I would have expected the rights for that one to be impossible as well, but the RiffTrax version is still around—and they (specifically Bill) pull no punches RE: Scientology.

4 Likes

I had no idea Rifftrax did a riff of it, just added that one to my wish list.

New suggestion, they should do something they would definitely get sued over, like another Godzilla movie. Oh, how about that crapfest Godzilla vs. Kong!

5 Likes

My dearest wish is to see one crew riff The Blob with Steve McQueen. To me, it is the quintessential B monster movie and it would just be classic riffing material from the casting to the special effects to the overall storyline. My mom remembers seeing it in theaters on New Year’s Eve with some friends and they all thought it was really stupid, even then. :slight_smile:

blob GIF

8 Likes

Did you see Matt’s post about Blobfest? Looks like it would be a hoot!

1 Like

killdozer

I don’t know if it would be the best movie, riffing potential-wise, to close out with.

But it feels like Killdozer could be a very apropos and satisfying choice for a possible finale, given the number of times we’ve heard it referenced on MST3K.

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s one I’d love to see them do, along with Gymkata, for the same reason.

I was so happy when Rifftrax did that one and did it well (it had to be a ‘just the jokes’, so, rights issues would make it impossible for MST - but hey I’m dreaming the impossible dream here).

5 Likes

Oh yes, Killdozer has been on my Mistie wishlist for a long time. I wouldn’t turn down The Car either, but Killdozer is the top choice.

3 Likes

One of Alfonso Brescia’s sci-fi movies. They all kind of run together, but I’d pick War Of The Robots.

4 Likes

But this show has had three finales. It’s more like Futurama and Legends of Tomorrow (RIP) than Doctor Who

2 Likes

That’s also in keeping with the show’s connection to Firesign Theatre. In that troupe’s Eat Or Be Eaten, the main character has a band’s “third farewell tour” commemorative shirt. I suspect at the time the album was made this was a reference to the Rolling Stones, who seemed to be continually staging their “final tour” again and again.

1 Like

Really underrated album despite the lack of David Ossman. It’s one of my top Firesign albums.

1 Like

I love it too, there is so much cleverness concealed in it.

1 Like