MST3K's What If...?

I’ve gotta check that out. Looks good from the trailer.

2 Likes

What if Torgo continued in Frank’s job after Village of the Giants?

9 Likes

DON’T EVEN THINK THAT!!! yipes!

3 Likes

What If Jim Left (and not Joel)?

4 Likes

What if Vadinho just decided to make himself the Puma Man?

6 Likes

We’d all be sitting here lamenting how the show’s funniest days were behind it 15-20 years ago, and it’s a shame no one has the nerve to pull the trigger. Y’know, just like how everyone talks about The Simpsons. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

What if TVs Frank was chosen to replace Joel and Mike became the stooge?

8 Likes

Yeah, exactly.

It’s a meat puppet situation all around.

4 Likes

:musical_note: “…With the backwaters swirlin’…” :musical_note:

4 Likes

Pumaman, Pumaman
Does whatever a puma can
By his belt he doth rise
That’s the stupid way he flies
Look out, here comes the Pumaman

That’s Time Chasers and it was Crow encouraging Past Mike to give up temping to realize his rock band ambitions.

10 Likes

What If…? Matt Claude VanDamme was the only real host and the rest were all just dreams as he looked into a snowglobe as Patrick Duffy showered and he woke up next to Bob Newhart?

8 Likes

What If corn was not in fact, a type of grass?
:grinning:

6 Likes

This is some kind of Coily dystopian nightmare stuff.

4 Likes

What if they were good movies all along? :astonished:

10 Likes

I disagree, cancellation still would’ve come down, but I feel like if he did step down he’d still be in the writers’ room, probably make more than one visit.

2 Likes

I thought @CLANG_Potroast’s was pretty funny but it’s not like Joel leaving is why the show got canceled and I don’t think we can blame Jim for it either. Comedy Central had decided to move away from comedy and more toward movies (a decision I hated but probably made the most financial sense). It was always a cult show with a difficult positioning.

If it had run for 30 years consecutively, could it still be funny? Well, there’s no precedent for that anywhere that I’m aware of; it’s definitely a provocative what-if, though.

Perhaps in the best of all possible worlds Best Brains could’ve become a Henson Studios-type empire that had evolved over the years, right until Disney bought it up and sucked its soul out.

5 Likes

Agreed. People in high authority listening to the wisdom of children saves human civilization… isn’t it obvious?

5 Likes

So … what’s really being said here is that MST3K might very well have run for 30 consecutive years on Comedy Central if the higher-ups had been taking their advice from kids in short shorts? I think that checks out.

10 Likes

What if Torgo had gone to college (instead of staying home & bulking up his knees?)

8 Likes

What if Peter Graves hadn’t gone to the University of Minnesota?

13 Likes