Nature photography: show us your best pics

The Painted Hills. Today.

7 Likes

Petrified log. Collected on a ranch near the town of John Day. Donated to NPS for the opening of the Visitor Center at the Sheep Rock Unit of the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument.

7 Likes

It’s Spring! Sort of. Who likes tulips?

8 Likes

It’s Throwback Thursday here at the nature pics thread! These are scanned from slides my dad took when we lived in Fairbanks, Alaska. Not sure of the exact date but would be between 1975-1979.

8 Likes

The Japanese Tea Garden at Golden Gate Park was especially lovely when we visited last week. And somehow I managed to get this shot without any of the countless other tourists in it.

7 Likes

I’m on vacation…

Grand Canyon

Petrified Forest

9 Likes

White Sands, in NM

9 Likes

Salt lake city capital building this weekend.

8 Likes

Sunset on the California coast

12 Likes

North, Central, or South?
(CA Girl knows these rocks, but OLD CA Girl can’t remember where.)

1 Like

:laughing: the south part of NorCal-- this is Bean Hollow on the San Mateo County coast.

3 Likes

LOL I’m in the North Part of SoCal (I refuse to chop my state into 3 parts, but I include “Central” for those who do.), home of the much photographed Morro Rock.
Used to live in the Middle of SoCal, home of the much photographed Huntington Beach Pier.
:rofl:
I am going to need to dig through my photos, to find the glorious shots that I took, of the local waters.

1 Like

Nice! We can get into an arms race of beach pics :wink:

1 Like

Cambria, a million years ago.
Or, maybe it was around 2010.
Time has no meaning, anymore.

7 Likes

Monument Valley

Sunrise

Sunset

So, basically, it looks pretty no matter what time of day you go.

9 Likes

Gorgeous shots!

1 Like

I think the sunset picture is better than the sunrise. The light for the sunset shot shows the shadows from the variations in the rock of those buttes.

1 Like

More Cambria, CA.
Still from a million years ago, or 2010.

7 Likes

Cacti - small ones - in our front yard. One prickly pear, four ball cacti (the last one I just noticed for the first time today!).

5 Likes

This was blatant false advertising.

5 Likes