Your past holiday and travel photos! Nudge nudge wink wink

Here’s a place to park photos you’ve taken of your travels upon this earth. From the steppes of Mongolia to the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota, show off where you’ve been to! Not to be confused with the Where Are You Now thread, the Nature Photography thread, the Wildlife Pictures thread, or the Random Photos thread!

7 Likes

Just a tree and a rock in Wyoming. It has been there over 150 years.

5 Likes

Sticking with the Minnesota thing, here’s Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox in Bemidji, near the headwaters of the Mississippi…

8 Likes

I have been to Bemidji twice. I’ve seen Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox.

Back in June 2020, I visited Wall Drug. It was an amazing trip and quite a place to see. I want to go back someday.

7 Likes

Apikuni Falls, Glacier NP. 1.8 mile hike, but a gain of over 600 ft in elevation. My favorite hike. At the top we had lunch and some wine. Had to stop a zillion times on the way up, as i am not a seasoned hiker… but worth it!

7 Likes

I lived in Minnesota for over 20 years and never got there (at least as far as I can recall?).

3 Likes

I feel like you’d remember if you ever went to the headwaters, they’re very pretty. Not so much Bemidji itself though. I mean it might be lovely but AFAIK it’s not tremendously memorable.

Headwaters pic, where you can walk across the Mississippi River:

9 Likes

People of a certain age (and I’m one) like to do this for some silly reason.

13 Likes

I always wondered what that looked like. Thank you ! I am familiar with it from this song:

1 Like

A few years back, when my in-laws still lived and worked in France (nothing fancy, they did maintenance for holiday parks), we took a brief visit to Mont St Michel, which was horrifically crowded but beautiful.

And the crowds

8 Likes

8 Likes

Why I am picturing a stereotypical Hollywood agent stepping off the boat, lowering his sunglasses, and saying “now this island has serious fire potential”?

2 Likes

Stupidest dessert ever in the Bahamas.

Didn’t even taste good.

6 Likes

The currently closed for repairs (severely damaged in a storm, sadly), the West Baden Springs Hotel in West Baden, Indiana.

7 Likes

Never been to Mont St Michel, but there’s an English equivalent across the channel, called St Michael’s Mount. I went there when I was very very young, so the photo’s not mine.
It is also connected to the mainland by a causeway.

11 Likes

On our way to a family canal boat holiday after a quick visit to Paris we, ahem, “passed through” this village in Burgundy.

7 Likes

I present the most interesting traffic light I’ve ever seen, from Krabi, Thailand.

12 Likes

I have no idea who is supposed to be depicted in this sculpture on the side of a building in Budapest, but to me he’ll always be “Swole Mark Twain.”

11 Likes

In Munich, there’s a “model church”. The Asam brothers decked out every inch in this small space in Baroque extravagance to show off their skills. It’s wonderfully gaudy (to my taste). (My pic from 2018)

Here’s Porto looking all pretty last year:

9 Likes

There used to be a town with a worse name in Austria.

Warning: NSFW word.

1 Like