Nature photography: show us your best pics

Taken at Split Rock Lighthouse near Two Harbors, MN back when I still lived there.

11 Likes

Knew that was Spilt Rock as soon as I saw it. I have family in Duluth, we visited many times though never for the Fitz Memorial. Great shot! So often Split Rock is photographed from such a distance, you have a picture of the lake, or the rocks, and oh yeah, that tiny spec is the lighthouse!

3 Likes

We’re coming up on the 20 year anniversary of an astounding ice storm we had here in the Northeast. I was married for a little over a month and my wife and I tried to make it to her parents house to check on them.

I thought I’d share a couple pictures I took showing the beauty and destruction of nature. These were taken with my first digital point and click camera, a Canon Powershot A40. It was a fun camera that started me down that digital path.

Ice3

10 Likes

We have so many colorful trees around here that even a random dirt road becomes lovely this time of year. This was a test shot for family pictures we took last weekend.

8 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: I used to have family and friends that lived near Duluth as well. Brutal winters, but definitely the most scenic part of Minnesota! I do want to visit there again someday.

3 Likes

Here’s one for the night owls. Another shot from Valley of Fire that I didn’t include earlier.

7 Likes

It being the Halloween season and all, how about a few views from Transylvania?

15 Likes

Pictures taken today.

14 Likes

I went for a fall foliage drive today in Door County, Wisconsin. I drove all over the peninsula, although mostly on the west side.

10 Likes

Nice. I didn’t realise just how hilly it is there.

2 Likes

OOooo. marigolds. I got some of those earlier this year.

And since we all seem to be film buffs of a sort, how many of you recognise this?
And yes, this was taken on Martha’s Vineyard.

Just needs some homemade signs in the back.
:shark:

10 Likes

It reminded me a great deal of the part of East TN where I grew up, actually.

1 Like

Love that third closeup! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Is that from Jaws?

1 Like

Ding ding. We have a winner! You get the no-prize. :trophy:

It’s Sherrif Brodie’s car. I should have taken more, but I just noticed it when walking by and did a double-take. I was thinking about how it was the same model as the film, but then I noticed that it was actually a replica. It even says amtypd on the license plate.

2 Likes

In honor of it finally feeling like fall here, an autumnal scene; yet another entry from the Rocky Mountains

and here’s what Northern California looks like in autumn

10 Likes

Foxes on Prince Edward Island - I think this was in 2009. image

12 Likes

And now…for something completely different. (for me)

Animals!

Red Squirrel
Squirrel Time

Rabbit

Woodchuck (otherwise know as the Groundhog)

And a female Cardinal giving me the stink eye.

9 Likes

These are awesome!

There is a Wildlife Photos thread already and I don’t want to hijack that so I suggest we all put our animal pics there :slight_smile:

1 Like

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

1 Like