Nature photography: show us your best pics

Oooo, good idea. I missed that one.

1 Like

Well apparently enough to chase me away. These guys are ridiculously skittish.

That is, if they could check wood.

3 Likes

Hardesty Trail, Willamette National Forest, 2022-10-16.

10 Likes

That path photo is especially cool! I’ve always found that “inside a forest” is the hardest place to take pictures. Nice work.

2 Likes

The one spot with a bit of space and good light.

2 Likes

Something it’s easy to make look good… Natural Bridges State Beach

12 Likes

Here are some old views from the Andaman Islands in Thailand.

8 Likes

Pardon, but aren’t these magnolias? I don’t see marigolds anywhere in the thread on a quick search…

1 Like

Here are some nice ones I got on my trip to Portugal.

Douro Valley:

Peneda-Gerês National Park:

FYI, that water under the waterfalls is cold.

15 Likes

Whoops. Yup, dats a typo.

I’ll just leave it. Funnier that way.

1 Like

Took this in Red Wing, MN about 13 years ago.

10 Likes

Here are some other views of Thailand.

13 Likes

And here are some views of a cotton field in Southwest Georgia.

11 Likes

Saw this guy outside my kitchen window this morning. Hunting squirrels, I presume

15 Likes

Trail 46, Howard Buford Recreation Area, 2022-10-30.

10 Likes

My wife and I went to the Berkshires in Massachusetts last week celebrating our anniversary. It was our first time in this area and even though it was past peak foliage viewing, it was a beautiful place.

We took a hike in the Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary and got to see the handiwork of some beavers.

10 Likes

Here are some more from SW Georgia, this time of Providence Canyon.

10 Likes

These are just pics I took with my (ancient) phone, but to a Californian they are amazing. We don’t get a lot of clouds here, and we virtually never get actual thunderstorms.

9 Likes

So many great pics here! I usually content myself with taking close up pics of the flowers when I visit the Bellagio in Las Vegas. However, one time I was in just the right place at the right time to get some shots of a solar eclipse right at sunset in 2012.

13 Likes

Love it! That’s the only kind of solar eclipse I haven’t seen. I’ve seen multiple partial eclipses and one total, but I haven’t seen an annular.

3 Likes