New sitcom ideas!

Post your smart or stupid pitches for smart or stupid new sitcoms!

Mods, please move appropriate posts from the Night Court thread.

2 Likes

At this point, I’m not nervous ABOUT the Frasier revival over at Paramount+, I’m nervous FOR it.

But I’m willing to give it a shot, because I’d have to think that it can’t be worse than the new Night Court…

… can it?

3 Likes

You never know though, Roseanne Minus Roseanne is on season five now, I believe.

3 Likes

Season 5, yes and it will likely be renewed. it’s the highest-rated comedy for ABC.

3 Likes

I’m honestly surprised John Goodman is up to doing a TV show full time again.

2 Likes

I’ve never watched it, so I don’t know how involved he still is these days.

3 Likes

Wikipedia says he’s still on it.

2 Likes

Let’s see. Frasier without all the actors and writers that made the show funny? Can’t miss.

6 Likes

oh dear

WE NEED TO REVIVE THE TORTELLIS WHEN WE HAVE THE CHANCE

3 Likes

Look, if we’re going to revive a sitcom, the obvious choice is Woops!

4 Likes

Well, are there any Gen X artifacts that haven’t been revived in some way for a quick buck? Funky Phantom? Spuds McKenzie? The Hamster Dance?

4 Likes

Oh John Goodman is still in episodes, but I don’t know how many or how big his role is.

3 Likes

John Goodman is dead! Again! But it doesn’t look to be serious.

Hedaya’s in his 80s and Kasem’s pushing 70. I’m not sure the dyn—aw, screw it, order up ten episodes, do a marketing blitz and cancel it before it airs.

6 Likes

Now, there was a show that didn’t get a fair chance.

3 Likes

What about the guy who played Hedaya’s son and was pretty funny? He was also in The Tortellis, right? If he’s still acting, we can build the show around him.

2 Likes

Well, he hasn’t acted much in the last two…or three…decades, but why not? We’ll make it a big comeback for him, and convince people they knew who he was! Or should know! It’s all about BUZZ, baby!

2 Likes

Can we all agree that if we are going to revive a sitcom it has to be “My Mother, the Car”?

4 Likes

Hey, that worked for Ke Huy Quan.

3 Likes

It could star one of the lesser Van Dykes. (Lesser than Jerry, that is.)

3 Likes

It did! He was terrific!

3 Likes