New sitcom ideas!

In the emotional two-part third season finale, it’s revealed that Clippy has been compromised by Murdoc the whole time. But he redeems himself by sacrificing his life to save MacGyver.

In season 4, MacGyver’s new assistant is a digital voice assistant who turns out to be the spirit of his dead wife…

3 Likes

Oh dear, we’ve looped ourselves.

2 Likes

Now I can’t get the idea out of my head that the digital assistant is the spirit of his dead son, who accidentally shot himself with MacGyver’s pistol. Together they work through the guilt while building a strange ring shaped device that takes them to other worlds and wacky adventures where something always goes wrong and MacGyver has so rig up some crazy device to get them home.

So it goes from dark comedy to light comedy, a twist that should have the TV execs in a bidding war.

2 Likes

Only if it includes archival Abe Vigoda footage.

4 Likes

“We have a Hologram.

3 Likes

Lets Get It On Fight GIF

3 Likes

That was a movie, not a sitcom.

3 Likes

Why do fish need stairs?

3 Likes

To get to the water closet?

2 Likes

“Pleasantville” was the name of the sitcom in the movie, and it’s exactly what people are describing here. Call it a “pilot” and make it a series: Done.

OK, we have to recast Tobey Maguire and Reese Witherspoon, or we’ll call it “Pleasantville: The Next Generation [In Color]”.

2 Likes

It’s a spawning thing— You wouldn’t understand.

2 Likes

Yeah, but Pleasantville was more of a dramatic film, although it had humorous elements. I was thinking a straight up sitcom. A la Hi Honey, I’m Home! as described above.

3 Likes

He’s a pit thing. He might!

2 Likes

We could do something like the 90s Brady Bunch movie, where everyone else comments on how creepy the “perfect” sitcom family is. And then make it that Grandpa Hugh actually is a demonic creature out to destroy the world and things start to come together.

3 Likes

Except that if I recall, the ending of that movie isn’t really conducive to setting up a status quo. An original property would be better because you need something that you can build seasons around, not just plots. If I had to give an example of what I was going for, I’d actually suggest looking at something like Kevin Can Go @#$% Himself. The premise there contrasts sitcom life with drama life in an interesting way, suggesting that the sitcom protagonist is warping the world around him for the worse.

4 Likes

What, like a pak’ma’ra?

2 Likes

IDK, M*A*S*H the movie ended with Hawkeye going home. Didn’t stop the series from bringing him and everyone else back, and running longer than the actual war.

But you’ve given this way more thought than I have. I was just goofin’.

2 Likes

Is that like a pon farr?

2 Likes

No, they’re sentient carrion eaters. Very little is known of their mating rituals.

3 Likes

I was actually proposing an idea there, eheh.

2 Likes