New sitcom ideas!

Instead of a laugh track, there’s a wail of pain and gnashing of teeth track.

3 Likes

Wait. I thought of another requirement. Every time there’s a fat joke, I get to punch a show creator in the junk.

5 Likes

I say if you want terrible sitcom ideas, you make an anthology show. Write up a list of characters with their personalities and actors, and run a contest to get your script turned into an episode. There’s no continuity because all of the episodes are written in a vacuum and you eventually get the same sort of bland standardization you get from an actual team of writers!

3 Likes

Does anyone remember that sitcom, I think it was on Nick at Nite, about a 50s sitcom family that lived in the modern real world? They had a button that would turn everything black and white when regular people weren’t around and lots of sitcom legends guest-starred as the characters that made them famous. I don’t think it lasted long.

It would still be a fun idea, although obviously you couldn’t do the guest stars anymore. But Wandavision showed you could do a believable 50s sitcom and a modern one with the same characters in the same show.

4 Likes

Hi Honey, I’m Home!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

A young Julie Benz was in that, years before she was Darla on Buffy and Angel.

4 Likes

Anyway, I think Wandavision showed that a 1950s sitcom world clashing with our modern sensibilities is worth exploring on TV and that show apparently only had 13 episodes, so it’s a sitcom that I really think could be remade.

3 Likes

We need a reboot of the old show Quark, about a space garbage collector.

6 Likes

Given Ms. Piggy’s skill at martial arts, I like to think she would’ve taken a lot less abuse from her writing staff. :wink:

3 Likes

Of course, given modern trends, I have the idea of a group of people who find themselves in a reboot of a fictitious series that they loved. And now they have to figure out how to get off the air and back to their actual lives.

4 Likes

An AI forced to endless Godzilla gets its revenge…by creating a REAL kaiju to destroy its tormentors. (It sorta looks like Godzilla but the eyes are weird and its hands don’t fit on the end of its arms.)

I mean, Pleasantville.

Hasn’t anybody seen Pleasantville?!

3 Likes

Yes, and Matlock, lots, and lots of Matlock…

Over It Reaction GIF

1 Like

Two words:

Fish Police

4 Likes

Grouper’s a good cop!

5 Likes

A good cop he might be, but tell him to keep his big mouth shut, the Nudibranch mob don’t want no secrets told !

Sea Creature Pink GIF by Oceana

4 Likes

Chief?

Mackerelcloud!

4 Likes

I know they already revived MacGyver once, but I say we do it again, but each time, instead of him using a paperclip, he has to talk to Clippy, the former Microsoft Office “assistant.”

4 Likes

Skipjack !

Little Blenny !

3 Likes

Mr. Dryscale?
Mr. Eddie’s Flounder?

3 Likes