Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

It makes me wonder if there’s gonna be a Kenny Loggins contribution.

2 Likes

The kids still play Tekken… right?

1 Like

Ooh. A Force Ghost Anthony Edwards.

They can tie it in to the Star Wars Cinematic Universe and the upcoming Revenge of the Nerds Cinematic Universe.

1 Like
3 Likes

OVER. THE. FREAKING. MOON.

If this is half as good as I’ve been hoping, I’m still going to be super happy.

3 Likes

It has returned!

3 Likes

And despite being announced on April 1, it’s not an April Fool!

1 Like

Oh, gosh, every teaser just keeps getting better.

Even half as good would be amazing.

1 Like

New season 6 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power dropping next month.

I’d never paid much attention to the 80’s original when it was on, but I started watching this and fell in love with it.

2 Likes

Super stoked; I was surprised how much I liked this reboot, especially the time they put into the relationships (I found the Hordak/Entrapta relationship particularly interesting) and NGL….I loved derpy Swift Wind!

1 Like

Is there confirmation from a second source? I’m seeing nothing about a sixth season from any other source, including Netflix’s own page for the series — and you’d think they’d have started the hype train by now if there were a sixth season due in just five weeks.

2 Likes

Ooh, good catch…looks like this announcement originated with a Netflix parody website called “whenNetflix” and a bunch of other sites ran with it.

Too bad; I totally would have been down for an S6!

1 Like

Parody website? Doesn’t parody imply some kind of humor?

1 Like

Well, maybe “Imitator” site would’ve been a better term to use. They went out of their way to make it look like Netflix’s website. :-/

1 Like

There are a LOT of websites out there reporting it and none debunking it that I can see. Someone should get on that.

That website probably specializes in making fake announcements that fans will be interested in, so they will come to the site and give ad impressions.

1 Like

Which is why I tend to stick with a few older, larger, and more reputable sites for movie and TV news (e.g., The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and Anime News Network, among others, and IMDB will have production information). They have the resources to double-check before posting willy-nilly. They’ve posted zip about a new season even entering production, which would have been newsworthy given the She-Ra showrunner’s intent that the series end after five seasons.

ThePopTimes is a newcomer run by a handful of college-age students (literally: look at their “About Us” page). If it sticks around, maybe it will eventually do more than regurgitate “news” from dodgy websites, but I’m doubtful.

It’s a working theory. “WheNetflix” is also showing a November 18, 2022 release date for Cowboy Bebop (2021) season 2, when Netflix gave it a hard cancel after season 1 — not enough ROI.

Big tipoff about that site? If you have questions about its privacy policies, you are to email whennetflixrelease at gmail dot com. Puh-leeaze. A news site that doesn’t have its own email server, or at least the brains to set up their domain with Google Workspace to handle email?

1 Like

(post derezzed by author)

2 Likes

I don’t recall ever seeing cg children’s movie that imitated cartridge tilting as well as what’s going on at :48.

…Or post the privacy policy on the site like every other website in the world.

I’m sure Netflix must know about this site. Since their name is a trademark violation I’m surprised they haven’t issued a takedown.

My heart started to fall when I went to Noelle Stevenson’s Twitter and saw that a lot of the recent posts were dragging Netflix for the way they treat their creators. Didn’t sound much like pre-release hype to me. :anguished:

1 Like

Speaking of Klonoa… here’s my fanart I made in honor of the game.

2 Likes