RiffTrax

I was actually tickled by its inclusion as Iā€™ve heard the name before. Never realized it was that solemn until I read a synopsis. Guess itā€™s not always sunshine and popcorn in Mormon art. :disappointed:

1 Like

Short 3 - ā€œThey successfully killed him with a forklift!ā€

1 Like

Perhaps they merely the distributor for it, like they were for Grace-Metro Enterprises magnificent production of One Turkey, Two Turkey?

1 Like

The latest RiffTrax release is Terminus, a Eurotrash post-apoc flick starring Johnny ā€œFrench Elvisā€ Hallyday, Karen Allen and JĆ¼rgen Prochnow.
I am already downloading it!

3 Likes

Definitely looking forward to this one!

1 Like

The truck in Terminus is even more annoying than the bike in Warrior of the Lost World.

Watched this a few days ago. For those of us of a certain age, itā€™s almost too good for RiffTrax. By which I mean, itā€™s engaging enough that the riffs can sometimes be a distraction. Itā€™s that special sort of 90s sci-fi that deserves riffing ā€“ low-budget Blade Runner vibes, a ridiculous story, crazy casting. And yet ā€¦ itā€™s Rutger Hauer and Kim Cattrall, how can I not get invested in this?

1 Like

Add to that cast list Gabriel Damon, who played the child villain in Robocop 2 !

2 Likes

Youā€™re right that was him! Another hilarious riff from MK&B, highly recommended!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Rifftrax put out The Brain from Planet Arous. I think this is the first time The Mads have riffed a film before Rifftrax or MST3K has done it.

The Brain From Planet Arous | RiffTrax

6 Likes
2 Likes

Hey! Thatā€™s Carrie! Sheā€™s so very!

2 Likes

This was a movie I liked as a kid, seeing it on sci-fi theater, or creature features, one of those types, and itā€™s one of the Mads best. Iā€™m usually a little wary of re-dos (not that they canā€™t be great, CTs Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, 'Traxā€™s Manosā€¦ and strangely, the grim Brain That Wouldnā€™t Die is riffing gold for everyone whose covered it), but that preview was hilarious.

I think Iā€™m going to have to try it

3 Likes
1 Like

RiffTrax has finally added an IOS annd Android apps for VODs.

2 Likes

But not yet TvOS. So close! I would use the crap out of it if it were easy to use on my AppleTV.

EDIT: and so far my iOS experience is ā€œLoading failed. Please try again laterā€