RiffTrax

I was actually tickled by its inclusion as I’ve heard the name before. Never realized it was that solemn until I read a synopsis. Guess it’s not always sunshine and popcorn in Mormon art. :disappointed:

1 Like

Short 3 - “They successfully killed him with a forklift!”

1 Like

Perhaps they merely the distributor for it, like they were for Grace-Metro Enterprises magnificent production of One Turkey, Two Turkey?

1 Like

The latest RiffTrax release is Terminus, a Eurotrash post-apoc flick starring Johnny “French Elvis” Hallyday, Karen Allen and Jürgen Prochnow.
I am already downloading it!

3 Likes

Definitely looking forward to this one!

1 Like

The truck in Terminus is even more annoying than the bike in Warrior of the Lost World.

Watched this a few days ago. For those of us of a certain age, it’s almost too good for RiffTrax. By which I mean, it’s engaging enough that the riffs can sometimes be a distraction. It’s that special sort of 90s sci-fi that deserves riffing – low-budget Blade Runner vibes, a ridiculous story, crazy casting. And yet … it’s Rutger Hauer and Kim Cattrall, how can I not get invested in this?

1 Like

Add to that cast list Gabriel Damon, who played the child villain in Robocop 2 !

2 Likes

You’re right that was him! Another hilarious riff from MK&B, highly recommended!

2 Likes
1 Like

Rifftrax put out The Brain from Planet Arous. I think this is the first time The Mads have riffed a film before Rifftrax or MST3K has done it.

The Brain From Planet Arous | RiffTrax

6 Likes
2 Likes

Hey! That’s Carrie! She’s so very!

2 Likes

This was a movie I liked as a kid, seeing it on sci-fi theater, or creature features, one of those types, and it’s one of the Mads best. I’m usually a little wary of re-dos (not that they can’t be great, CTs Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, 'Trax’s Manos… and strangely, the grim Brain That Wouldn’t Die is riffing gold for everyone whose covered it), but that preview was hilarious.

I think I’m going to have to try it

3 Likes

RiffTrax has finally added an IOS annd Android apps for VODs.

2 Likes

But not yet TvOS. So close! I would use the crap out of it if it were easy to use on my AppleTV.

EDIT: and so far my iOS experience is “Loading failed. Please try again later”