Season 13 Awards?

Followed very closely by the deadpan “Sleigh queen, sleigh!”

5 Likes

MST3K Season 13 Honors

Best Episode: The Bubble (Joel). 2nd: The Mask (Jonah). 3rd: H.G. Wells’ The Shape of Things to Come (Emily). 4th: Gamera vs. Jiger (Jonah). 5th: Munchie (Jonah). 6th: The Batwoman (Emily).

Best Invention Exchange: Pop Duster from The Bubble (Joel). 2nd: Multi-Mask from The Mask (Jonah). 3rd: Meat Cute from Robot Wars (Jonah). 4th: Gilbert & Sulli-Phone from Doctor Mordrid (Emily). 5th: Roller Coaster from H.G. Wells’ The Shape of Things to Come (Emily). 6th: Vin Diagram from The Batwoman (Emily).

Best Host Segment: The Great Escape Jam Season from The Christmas Dragon (All Three Hosts). 2nd: The Merits of 3D from The Bubble (Joel). 3rd: QVSanto from Santo in the Treasure of Dracula (Jonah). 4th: East Eddie SAT Prep Guide from Beyond Atlantis (Emily). 5th: Feers from Demon Squad (Joel). 6th: Trick or Treating with Max Headroom from The Mask (Jonah).

Best Song They Can’t Come/They Will Come from The Mask (Jonah). 2nd: Mothercrabber from Beyond Atlantis (Emily). 3rd: We’ll Sing A Song For Jiger from Gamera vs. Jiger (Jonah).

2 Likes

We still have a final revue, but here are a few additions and changes (since I can no longer edit my original post)…

Change:
Best Mad: Pearl Forrester (Max started off red hot, but Pearl caught up and took the prize at the end)

Updates:
Best Abomination: Turkules (nominees would include the Brain and the Skull)

Best Prop: A.I. Flat-imation (Turkey Day Bumpers) - nominees: Joel’s Paddleball (The Bubble), Emily’s Paperweight (Christmas Dragon)

Best Concert: Joel, Emily and Jonah (Christmas Dragon)

Best Drawn Art: The Bubble (the Star Fl-Eats, the colorful Christmas piece with Emily, Joel and Jonah (and bots), Santa Conquers the Martians Tribute (Christmas memories from around the US), Santa Claus Tribute (lesser demons)

Favorite -Non SOL- Riffing: Santa Conquers the Martians Tribute (Aftershow riffs on family photos), Christmas Dragon Livestream (Joel and Matt riff on “The Blob” trailer)

1 Like

Honorable mention guess to Growler and M. Waverly for riffing the costume contest entrants.

8 Likes

My top three favorite Season 13 shorts:

3: Pipeline to the Clouds (It has this nice calm, mellow vibe happening here)
2: Bicycling: Visual Skills (Excellent, dark riffing on an earnest “safety” presentation)
1: Cavalcade (Fascinating presentation of a “variety platter” idea along with the very unique riffing duo)

All thirteen were fantastic and enjoyed every single one tremendously! Really pleased to see MST riffing shorts once again! :smiley:

4 Likes

Favorite Gizmoblip:

“Post-hypnotic trigger words” from the Devil Doll tribute. “CAULIFLOWER!” and :rotating_light: EMILY’S BUTT IS MISSING! :rotating_light:

The way this was timed, it happened to directly precede the “British pub” sketch from the original episode, and the 1-2 punch of messin’ with the host was just :kissing_heart::pinched_fingers:

3 Likes

Breakout Star- White Dot

5 Likes