Should we have a NSFW/Politics subforum?

Screaming Fresh Prince Of Bel Air GIF

3 Likes

This thread has a topic?

1 Like

The lurkers support you in the DMs. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Several toppings, less of the topic.

3 Likes

Nah. I need to go shopping tonight. :shopping_cart:

3 Likes

Something about this sentence gave me Dungeons & Dragons flashbacks. I CAST MAGIC MISSILE!!! :mage:

5 Likes

Where’s the Mountain Dew?!

3 Likes

Scooter, I mean Darklon The Terrible, forgot to bring it (and the cheese curls)! We’ve got Jolt and Bawls, but no ice.

3 Likes

Just make sure you use Fresh roasted pumpkin puree, not the canned junk. Total game changer.

4 Likes
i would like some key lime pie
8 Likes

Last year, when I did pumpkin chiffon pie w/sour cream, I got the fancy organic canned pumpkin and it was good. Much less dense and with better flavor than the regular supermarket stuff. But if you grew up with the regular kind, it does take some getting used to. Since it’s less dense it can bake a little longer before it firms up.

2 Likes

I think several of you saw me say I’d do this, so here goes: I’m totally into both the pie stuff and the D&D stuff, but let’s leave the nsfw/politics thread for discussing if those things belong in the form. You could always split off new threads… And invite me, I’m there for it.

5 Likes

It’s a fair cop, m’lud.

3 Likes

I always roast and puree my own sugar pumpkins, and yes, they do indeed take a bit longer to bake. I have coworkers that tell me my pumpkin pie is the best they’ve ever had. It’s the libby’s pumpkin pie recipe, just with the fresh pumpkin instead of canned. Though, we should probably take this discussion elsewhere.

*My vote is no on the politics.

4 Likes

I thought 3/4ths of the ballots were already counted. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I really do like pie.

(PS: I know a couple guys. They really do like pie)

5 Likes

Dangerously Delicious Pies (mentioned above) makes a very nice sausage tomato fennel pie. :yum:

Back on the main topic for a bit:
I am a moderator for a guitar pedal forum, and whenever a discussion veers too much toward politics and such, I sometimes add a post about a weird sea creature and point out that it is just as relevant and less divisive. An example:

This is a red-lipped batfish.

This fish is mainly known for its bright red lips. Batfish are not good swimmers; they use their highly adapted pectoral, pelvic and anal fins to “walk” on the ocean floor.

7 Likes

Stop stealing my party trick, fish!

9 Likes

Check out this thread if you haven’t already

Wildlife Pictures

3 Likes

Hey guys, I just came in here to ask if we should have a NSFW/Politics subforum.

6 Likes