Show us your pets!

I have seven kids, one son and six daughters. I’ll post each separately, especially since each of them deserve their own story. I should forewarn you all, when it comes to naming our children, my wife and I automatically turn into Rob Schneider next to the copier on SNL. Also, we’ve never had actual children, so we are about as crazy cat couple as you can get, hence our home is called The Crazy Cat Farm.

I’ll start with my most frequent TV partner.

Yes, this is normal when she sleeps. She has to be on top of one of us, until she’s done with us.

Tiger was originally Tiger Lily, named after the wonderful Natalie Merchant album. She has adopted several names since: Tiger Toes, Tater Tot, Tot Tot, the Tot.

Tiger came into our home in 2010. Literally. I opened the front door to check on our other kids, and she just walked in and made herself at home. As you can see above, 11 years has changed absolutely nothing.

This is her more condescending pose. Yes, this is normal when she is awake.

As a Public Service Announcement, please be careful not to leave your cat on the charger for long periods of time, especially when around food and metal objects.

24 Likes

Our boy Archer. Named in part for the cartoon character, and in part because of a series of pets with RPG class names (Scout, Ranger, etc). He’s a very particular Dachshund who doesn’t like other dogs and is highly selective of people, but adores cats. He was raised around cats and truly believes he is one. He is also fond of wearing clothing, but less so hats.

27 Likes

This is Moo. This morning she decided to poop on my boyfriend’s clothes he left on the floor. Guess there’s just something about guys named Jonah that makes evil redheads want to torture them :woman_shrugging:

26 Likes

My cat Loki. He’s 14 and in this pic he’s mad he can’t be on my lap while I work from home

Admiral Loki beside his portrait

28 Likes

I knew you’d be a good person to be friends with; I want to name my next pet Loki. :laughing:

4 Likes

Ah, boxer and American bulldog (I had one of the latter) do share some facial features. Would not have gotten Aussie though!

My sister adopted a dog they told her was an Am. Bulldog and had him DNA tested – 87.5% American Staffordshire :joy: He’s the sweetest boy.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:
Beautiful and evil just like Kinga

4 Likes

Working backward in time here is my sweet sweet angel Emma, gone too soon! She was rescued from a breeder as part of a cruelty case. She spent a year in rescue being nursed back to health before we adopted her. We had 17 months of naps on the couch, naps on her bed, and naps in the sun (she loved to lie in the dirt). She never had so much as a mean look for anyone.

I could go on all day!

28 Likes

Go for it =) He was one of my foster kittens, he had two brothers I named Bacchus and Morpheus. He’s a trouble maker, so I went with Loki. And of course, I chose to keep the troublemaker XD.

4 Likes

My second dog, Molly. In the shelter for 9 months – adopted and return twice – we got her at 9 years old, with the most incurable case of separation anxiety. But otherwise a happier dog you aren’t likely to meet! Also our smallest dog by a wide margin.

23 Likes

My stumpy assed cat Bobby. He’s an idiot but does like to cuddle.

31 Likes

This is Josie, slayer of centipedes.

27 Likes

Father and son duo; Brutus and Ickis

25 Likes

I’ve always liked this picture because it looks like they’re orbiting one another. This is Star-Lord (on the floor) and Dortmunder (on the bag).

28 Likes

I love it (and black cats)! I once babysat a pair of black cats when a friend moved. We had them for about 4 months so after a while I could even tell them apart :grin:

5 Likes

Okay… it’s almost the end of (this) Sunday AD so I’ll wrap up with my very first (well first as an adult) dog and two bonus pets.

I give you… Judge

BONUS PET ONE: my childhood dog…

BONUS PET TWO: the best foster cat ever. Had him about 6 months before he got adopted away :sleepy:

27 Likes

I swear I read this thread at first as “Show us your pecs!”

No, I’m not going to post that. Although they are real, and they are spectacular.

Sadly, the only pets I have at the moment are some pantry moths, the occasional fruitfly, likely a few bedbugs that survived two days of 113+ °F heat, and probably some mice who are too smart for their own good to take the bait.

Used to have a cat, named Gertrude. Went with the ex. Some kind of weird Maine Co*n hybrid (really, “profanity filter”?) really long tail, orange in color, that odd thick fur.

7 Likes

I love a Maine… er… Kuhn? Big ol’ fluffy fellows.

Thank you for not showing us your pecs :joy:

8 Likes

Meet Coco and Itty Bitty Kitty

25 Likes

This is Darcy. She is super cute, cuddly and pretty darn awesome. Great thread idea!

24 Likes