Show us your pets!

This is Althea, being deceptively cute:

And this is Althea, giving me her “I know where you sleep, bipedal servitor!” look:

28 Likes

Gorgeous! Is she a feral rescue? (I ask because of the ear.) My foster cat above was taken from a feral colony to which he clearly didn’t belong.

1 Like

Great looking pets everyone! Here is Furiosa and some Scottie toes.

28 Likes

Sort of. She was one of two kittens born a couple years ago in the colony of cats living in the treeline behind our apartment building. Several of us from the complex worked with trying to socialize them enough to get them into a trap-neuter-release program. Well, I overshot the mark with socializing Althea (known as Adeline at the time) – I realized I’d been adopted when I noticed that she was coming running to see me when she heard my bike coming. :slight_smile:

Althea a couple weeks before becoming an indoor cat:

Althea a couple weeks after becoming an indoor cat:

23 Likes

You got too involved with a client :joy: Congrats on being chosen!

3 Likes

It’s the best way to get a cat. My first cat I adopted in the con suite at Ohio Valley Filk Fest in 1992, and had him until 2009.

Therein lies a little bit of a story.

We were just getting ready to head back to town and my then-fiancée was in the con suite with this big orange cat in her arms and my first thought was Oh no, she wants another cat, we already have three in the apartment and she hands him to me, and he had a purr that could set off car alarms. Absolutely thunderous.

So the next words out of my mouth were, “I guess I need a name for my cat.” Well, apparently that’s the same as saying “I need an ad hoc cat naming committee STAT!” and there are six people trying to name this orange tabby.

The first name suggested was ‘Amber’, which was decided against because that seemed a more feminine name and this was a boy cat. Off to the side I hear “Amber… amber… amber… Nine Princes in Amber! Prince Random was a redhead!”

And thus did my first cat get named Random.

Lesson #1 about cat names. Never ever give them a name they can live up to. Anyway, we brought him back home and he was a lovable big orange cat… scratch that. It turned out this large orange cat was actually a huge orange kitten. He was already big for an adult cat, and he was six months old when I got him. He eventually had basketball player proportions, if cats played basketball: tall, long and lean.

Here’s Prince Random when he was 15:

22 Likes

Ah, the “huss” shot, as we call it. We’ve got way too many of those for Olaf, but I couldn’t get his consent to post them.

12 Likes

Ha! I wasn’t aiming for a huss shot, she did a stretch and I thought the toe beans were adorable!

3 Likes

This is Joy. She’s a good pup.

23 Likes

Kirby the Corgi, Snowfuff (the little one) and Mr. Winslow

23 Likes

This is Duder. He’s named after The Dude, gives excellent side-eye, loves to steal socks, and will share his toys…sometimes.

27 Likes

Abby:

25 Likes

Meet Gypsy (yes, proudly named for MST3K’s Gypsy, NOT the GPC abomination):

21 Likes

These are my current furry children. Three siblings from a farm in SC and Loki from an auto shop here in Virginia. (I was so overjoyed my daughter had survived a horrible auto accident, that I decided I had to go back for the polydactyl baby at the tow shop.)
Uploading: 06B232EB-54B2-4059-BC13-7B2E2C15F46F.jpeg…

Uploading: C5CFCD8C-7A65-48D5-8DA8-AD23751CA08A.jpeg…
OG (Oliver Ginger), Hikari, Midnight, and Loki.

22 Likes

Editing my post didn’t go so well. Here is the whole crew in one rare picture.

21 Likes

Calico: Spot or Spotlet
Orange guy: Officially it’s Cation. Just called him Ion. He ended up with a long list of names.
The three of us liked riffing TV and movies. They were better at it.

18 Likes

Looks like an inspirational ad. Just telling that one cat to try again. :joy:

3 Likes

Figured the og pic I posted was pretty poor quality, so here’s some more exciting pics of Brutus

23 Likes

I love it. And I hope he recovers from his coma soon :grin:

4 Likes

Katie & Misty

22 Likes