So the new Night Court....

Watched both episodes on Peacock this evening.

It has potential. Hope the cast can gel quite a bit more.

Most of the humor and personal interactions came off as too forced, but there were some good funny moments.

2 Likes

Come on guys, stop saying nice things about this show we all decided was going to suck.

(I don’t have Peacock so I don’t care one way or the other. I was just hoping we could have a nice cynical group snark here.)

4 Likes

Oh it airs on terrestrial NBC too, no reason to feel left out. :smiley:

I haven’t watched it. I don’t have any real desire to watch it.

4 Likes

Ah… that’s the thing that’s on that box that keeps the corner of my apartment from looking empty, right?

4 Likes

That’s the one!

But it’s a weird device. You start watching something on it, and every five minutes or so it interrupts the story its telling to tell you several different mini-stories usually involving someone driving a car through the snow or someone who’s upset about a stain in their clothing not coming out.

Weird. I just gave it up altogether.

4 Likes

Yeah, I remember those bad old days.

4 Likes

And almost never are these mini-stories about an RPG, a boutique publishing company, or getting Bendy merch swaaaggg merch. Swaaaggg

9 Likes

See, and now all I can think of, is that it’d be great to get James Earl Jones to say, “Swaaaggg”.

4 Likes

You’ll just have to live with Baron Vaughn.

4 Likes

You need to insert a “ch,” as in
SCHwaaaaaaaaaaag

4 Likes

”I Find Your Lack Of Schwaaag Disturbing.”

3 Likes

Relevant article:

3 Likes

Well…
Fine then.
At least there’s family involved.
I’m going to hope that it grows on me.

2 Likes

I turned episode 3 on 9 minutes in and was focused on other things, but I liked the first two episodes just fine. Now to be clear: That box in the closet was because his death was recent, right? Not that they just didn’t bother to pick up his things?

1 Like