Thank you for being a community

Well, it’s also a fairly egalitarian system here.

Sure, Backers get the flair, and it can be a PITA to become “Regular” and such with the Discourse system.

But, I think there is an egalitarian unstated theme here: it doesn’t matter what “badge” you have or whatever.

After all, no interloper from the above-ground terrains would even bother with this.

A true, community forum.

After all, why else would somebody be here!

I do want to shout out to Backers: no, I am not this year, but you guys and gals and x (this is one of the times the absence of gender in the Finnish pronomial system is handy) really make it possible to be more than a nostalgia group sitting around the cracker barrel. Finances are tight, I assume for many people, but nobody’s been the would-be alpha/queen bee “I been drinking green tea all day and I’m going to kick your ass, you poser!”

One tolerates one another, and accepts that next year fortunes can reverse.

It’s a good respect, and I see very little *isms here. Good crew, and it’s self-moderating (seems that way, anyway, without ignoring the hard work admins and mods put in, so propers to them as well) in a way that few groups are.

13 Likes

Badges? Do we need stinking badges? I can’t remember…

lol! Thank you for this!

6 Likes

It’s been a tough year or two - people are sick, jobs are shaky, all kinds of crap going on.

You’re here - you’re one of us. We don’t have club dues. We’re just glad to see you.

14 Likes

My first immediate thought:

13 Likes

Wait. There aren’t club dues? Umm … I need to go call my credit card company. :smiley:

10 Likes

I love that the same guy who wrote this song also wrote “Lonely Boy” and “Spooky Scary Skeletons.” (Andrew Gold)

As a second-born, I already had issues with that first song the day it hit the radio.

8 Likes

MSTies are the best! I know that I can always come to this forum to cheer up and laugh out loud at the clever, nerdy posts. Thank you all for being you!

14 Likes

The beautiful and good for the win. I’m channeling my inner hippie and loving it :slightly_smiling_face:.

14 Likes

This was my first thought as well!

This place is special. The word “community” has been diluted into meaninglessness at this point (Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, etc. – puh-leeze), but right here is definitely an exception to the rule.

It’s amazing to me that MST3K has brought together this like-minded group who so values friendship, empathy and civility. (It’s absolutely fascinating, even.)

12 Likes

Y’know, I have tried sooo hard to focus my attention on the good and the beautiful. Sadly, I have ADD, so I end up being constantly distracted by the shiny and the fast-moving.

Welcome to the forums!

14 Likes
14 Likes

It is… APE LAW!

11 Likes

Thanks for this topic! I haven’t been on here for ages as I had had a bunch of life-consuming stuff to deal with, but it is good how friendly and welcoming people are here. This is indeed a good place.

13 Likes

I really enjoy this place, it reminds me of the forums of yore - before social media conglomeration.

I also enjoy the general positively here, so refreshing (like an ice cold martini)

12 Likes

Was raving to my husband about finally finding a social media type thing I really enjoy with brilliant people with similar tastes and suddenly had a line from Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy come to mind. You are all a bunch of hoopy froods who really know where your towels are! Cheers! :beers:

14 Likes

Agreed. I’m really just starting to find my way around here with the anticipation of the new season, but so far, it’s refreshing.

No fights, no nonsense. Just fans being friendly

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s a lot of great, diggable stuff.

9 Likes

This is my 1000th post and I would like to dedicate it to everyone on this forum. You’ve made this shy Midwesterner feel so welcome and comfortable.

Love this place and I so enjoy getting the opportunity to geek out to MST3K every day!

Thank you all!

18 Likes

Thank YOU for being such a huge contributing factor to this community!

12 Likes

Just wanted to second that emotion!

I’m not the most frequent poster on any site or social media, but I really, really appreciate these forums being here. I’ve never been super comfortable with social media itself, and have wanted to try and get away from the big social media conglom-o sites and back to forums and smaller spaces like I used to frequent in the early oughts. So when this place was announced, I was psyched, and I’m so glad both that it’s here and that all you fine folks have made it such a nice community! Much appreciation to you and the folks who set these forums up for us!

11 Likes