The Bridget and Mary Jo Appreciation Thread

Bridget and Mary Jo’s Can you dig it musical riff from Cat-Women of the Moon is a true ROFL moment :rofl: - absolutely love that!

9 Likes

Other word? Slüt
:wink:

And here are a few where they paired up with others…

Bridget and Mike covered Next, Grey’s Anatomy and Charade (one of my fave movies, and a good trax) - and they were joined by Kevin on The Most Dangerous Game (don’t own) and the short, An Airplane Trip By Jet.

Bridget also riffed with Matthew J. Elliott on Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace (which is oop)

Mary Jo Pehl and Bill Corbett teamed up on the X-Files: Fight the Future, and she was Mike’s riff-partner on Glitter

B&MJ joined the Riff-off in the MST3K reunion show.

And were the best part of the group riff on Batman V. Superman (which, honestly, for me, was very disappointing aside from the ladies)

Did I miss any?

5 Likes

You inspired me to get Mr. Potroast to pick this up for us last night. Can we please pin medals on Pehl & Jones because Good Gravy what absolute bloated, condescending trash that flim was.

6 Likes

ah…
well, now your surname is banned from any phonetic resemblance to words hilarious or hilarity. soz

4 Likes

Speaking of She, check your file if you own one. My copy stretched out to 16:9 at the 1:16:00 mark (the rest of the movie is 4:3), but a corrected version is available for download.

6 Likes

Mine looks good, thanks for the heads up. After watching a few moments of it and laughing, I now need to do a re-watch.

4 Likes

Huh. I just watched She last evening. Didn’t think to check.

If anyone hasn’t seen Baby of the Bride and has a really strong stomach for that kind of thing, it’s salvaged by MJ & B.

6 Likes

The … of the Bride movies are tough to watch. I don’t think the writers could have made a family more unlikeable short of giving them the last name Manson.

6 Likes

True! I didn’t realize it was a series until after the fact.

However, it did feature Kristy MacNichol, of Sammy Fuller’s White Dog fame (and some other TV stuff, I guess).

I guess that was good!

5 Likes

I know Kristy MacNichol from The Pirate Movie (an 80s take on Pirates of Penzance). She was fun in that.

3 Likes

The Bride movies are the only MJ&B series I’ve avoided so far, they just radiate a period vibe that really puts me off. And I’ve watched the Teenagers flicks multiple times, so I’m pretty resilient.

And speaking of the Teenagers, can I say that I’m genuinely impressed by Dodie’s acrobatic skills? As far as I can tell she’s doing them herself. She may be a human Yorkshire Terrier as an actor, but she’s got those Cirque du Soleil moves down.

5 Likes

Bridget and MJ are great in them (duh), but aside from completism I can’t recommend those titles. They’re not something I’ll be rewatching soon, if ever.

5 Likes

RiffTrax uploaded Farm Family in Autumn to their YouTube channel yesterday.

8 Likes

If I remember right, the actress who played Dodie was a trained acrobat and was basically forced into showbiz by her mom to support the family.

5 Likes

Neither of those things would surprise me. I hope she was able to enjoy the experience as well.

4 Likes

I really apricate that they filmed an entire skit for the end of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane and cut in their childhood photos into some shorts.

6 Likes

Just watched this one again. I’d seen the movie “Dark Waters” a little before this one, so the Dupont riffs hit the mark.

One of their finest, I think.

5 Likes

New shorts

and a few weeks back they released this

Both are currently on sale this weekend (so pick 'em up before the night ends and save some change)

4 Likes

oh man i didn’t know there was more to the farm family! i’ve only seen the free fall one they put up on youtube

4 Likes

Which one is this? I might have to check out some fridge-related crafting.

4 Likes