The Bridget and Mary Jo Appreciation Thread

i’ve only seen the free stuff on youtube but mary jo and bridget are just the best

3 Likes

It’s part of The Spring Collection. The other shorts in there are great as well.

7 Likes

Sounds like one for the “Oops, all RAMchips” thread.

3 Likes

On my first viewing I think the premise of the movie bothered me too much (the creatures mission, the teacher/student relationships) but on a recent rewatch, the riffing really hits the spot. Very funny material, I got a lot of laughs out of it.

6 Likes

I’m a big fan of many of their riffs. The dynamic and attitude they bring is really fun and works for me every time. I was really excited about the teen-agers movies, but after I watched the first one I was done. B & MJ are awesome, I just couldn’t handle spending time with the “teenagers” in more movies. Especially the singing. Woof.

B & MJ = :heart:
teenagers = :poop:

5 Likes

I handled those irritating Teenagers just fine, and while the movies give me a rash, the riffing on the “Of the Bride” series saved those. But the one I really struggle with, and I haven’t gone back to because it took me 3 nights to get through it, was Rescue Me - that movie, those characters… it was like fingernails down a chalkboard.

3 Likes

Not too long ago I watched Scared to Death (the 80s version, not the Bela Lugosi one) on Amazon, and while I was watching it I couldn’t help but think how perfect it would be for Rifftrax.

Then, lo and behold, a few months later I saw they’d just released a version, and it was riffed by Bridget and MJ. I couldn’t have been more thrilled. Not only was their release timing impeccable, but it was highly cathartic listening to them say some of the same things I was thinking when I’d watched the movie the first time. Be still my riff-loving heart

4 Likes

Woot, thanks for the heads-up! Was waiting for a sale to snag the full Film Crew line as well. Already have those on DVD, but having the digital versions will be more convenient.

3 Likes

And I just bought 32 Bridget and MJ shorts on Thursday. If I’d waited a day or two…

5 Likes

Yah, I’ve done that too, until folks here hepped me that Rifftrax has loads of sales and one usually doesn’t have to wait long for one to roll around. So now I build my wishlist and bide my time…

5 Likes

Ouch!

They have frequent sales, and I’ll sometimes buy a few here and there from the guys (and lately, wind up disappointed to differing degrees - but I keep hoping I’ll stumble on another Lovely But Deadly or Super Monsters).

I’m all caught up on B&MJ, so now I just buy their new releases when they come out.

5 Likes

Thanks to Last Woman On Earth I’ve warmed to the British duo of MJ&I. So now I’m stocking up on some of their titles as well. Late to the game here, but glad I’m giving them a go now.

4 Likes

They can over-riff - really pack in the quips and drown out the movie, but they’ve got some goodies. I liked the Veil and Warning From Space. And yup, they worked well with the ladies on Last Woman.

BTW - for the sale, in addition to the B&MJ short, I also grabbed MK&Bs Money Plane (m’eh, a chuckle here or there), Mirror Mirror (better) and Gymkata, which, with the short was the best of the bunch.

3 Likes

Yes, the Brits do get chatty without an adult present. I am enjoying them so far, but do prefer the ones where they team up with the ladies of riffing. Sadly only a few of those at the moment, but hoping for more.

3 Likes

I watched their short The Maturing Woman for the first time ever a few days ago, and for some reason the slideshow at the end showing their pictures just got to me and made me teary-eyed and happy.

I’m smitten with these two. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

I bought the two Mary Higgins Clark riffs and I really enjoyed them, but the Sherlock Holmes riffs are still my favorite Bridget and Mary Jo riffs.

7 Likes

Yes, the Sherlock Holmes episodes with them are the best. The MHC ones are pulling ahead of the Teen-Agers for me, too, as they have less bad singing in them. :laughing:

5 Likes

6 Likes

New stuff from Bridget & Mary Jo!

7 Likes

I really like the Teenagers series. The movies are light fun, and Bridget and MJ keep it light. I enjoy them a lot.

7 Likes