The Mystery Science Discourse 3000 Gallery of Regrettable Foods

But I need something that’ll actually leave a mark.

I mean, if the pierogis were browned up on a griddle with caramelized sweet onions…

So, someone really likes pierogis and wanted to sell pierogis… and was told, “we’re operating a hotdog stand! stick to hot dogs!” and made this… right?

5 Likes

The only thing regrettable about this would be trying to eat it semi-neatly in a stadium seat. Otherwise, right over here with whatever non-macrobrew the home team is pouring, and thank you.

2 Likes

Points for, uh… ingenuity, but I’d still rather just have the salad, thanks. I mean, until you can buy a good-quality artificial heart at stadiums, too.

3 Likes

I guess if they’d hold the pickles it’d be worth a try? Hot dog flavor and pierogi isn’t clicking for me? Now, Italian sausage? Or a good beer brat? sure.

3 Likes

A hot dog is close enough to kielbasa that it makes sense to me; I’d probably put some mustard on it. I would think the pickles are doing some important heavy lifting there with bringing the fresh, sour flavor.

2 Likes

Hold the pickles and I’d try it.

2 Likes

And now I’m just hungry for my homemade Pierogi… :thinking:

4 Likes

YES HELLO I am ready with sour cream and vodka, break out the homemade pierogi ANY TIME.

6 Likes

But is it a sandwich?

2 Likes

Hot dogs? Yes.

2 Likes

Only a plurality is on your side.

Noodles with dried prunes AND marmalade?! YUCK!!! :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Read that to my husband. His response: That is a crime against pasta.

4 Likes

Like noodle kugel for the lazy and clueless, I guess.

The photography studio is lazy, too. The recipe said to chop the prunes.

2 Likes

ah but you ALSO save 12 whole prunes for garnish, which seems to me like an awful lot of garnishing

5 Likes

My first thought was that this looked like some deeply misguided kugel, but the shiksa outvoted the cook in me and I wasn’t sure. Glad you’re here, @CLANG_Potroast.

4 Likes

Stan Freberg worked so hard to help Sunsweet improve its image, only for these clowns to come along and say, “Hey let’s make the fruit look as much like cockroaches as possible! Everyone’ll love THAT!!”

4 Likes

I like prunes in rice pudding.

There. I’ve said it.

I’ve said it, and I’m glad.

3 Likes

Hot dogs are a taco, albeit a rather bready taco.

1 Like