The Mystery Science Discourse 3000 Gallery of Regrettable Foods

Amazingly, available in Kroger.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I actually heard somebody who drinks that stuff going over the marketing. It is “edgy” as heck.

5 Likes

We’re just a funny beverage company who hates corporate marketing as much as you do. Our evil mission is to make people laugh and get more of them to drink more water more often, all while helping to kill plastic pollution.

6 Likes

Noble goal, but I’m not paying $13 for 8 cans of water.

5 Likes

Agreed. I have a water filter and a 32oz reusable bottle that will do the same job a heck of a lot cheaper.

4 Likes

That’s one of the better things about Coke Freestyle machines, you can make Strawberry Any Cola!

(Some of the worse things about Coke Freestyle machines? When their CPU is so underpowered that it takes a literal minute for the touchscreen to register your cola pleasure, and when they malfunction spasmodically in such a way as to make it seem disturbingly like the machine is vomiting over and over.)

3 Likes

Darth Vader hates it when people get his name wrong.

1 Like

𝓑𝓨 𝓢𝓐𝓣𝓐𝓝

1 Like

The second generation machines are a bit more responsive. They’re still not great in the speed department, but they’re better.

3 Likes

There is a Coke Freestyle machine here in Fargo - one is at the Smiling Moose Deli downtown and another at Five Guys not too far away from me. I love to get flavored Diet Dr Pepper from those.

Sadly, I have yet to see its competitor, the Pepsi Spire, out there in the wild. In my travels, I haven’t encountered one.

3 Likes

That the Pepsi Spire URL is now generating a “server can’t be found” error is not an encouraging sign.

3 Likes

On the subject of canned water, Anheuser-Busch has been known to temporarily shut down production of beer to produce canned water for emergency relief, disasters and so on.

This has led to no end of jokes about there being NO difference between AB’s regular product and this canned water. :laughing:

8 Likes

This I’ve seen in convenience stores - moving away from plastic containers, some are canning water (easier for recycling) and we also have BOXED water.

But is boxed water really better? :question: :thinking:

3 Likes

If it isn’t, we can sue 'em for false advertising.

3 Likes

Better than what, I wonder. Falling down the stairs? Definitely! A badminton racket upside the head? Youbetcha!

Past that, who knows?

3 Likes

Boxed water is better for the environment. Cardboard, unlike plastic, actually gets recycled when you put it in recycling, and if it just gets tossed it’s bio-degradeable.

3 Likes

How is the paper coated? It has to be coated to make it waterproof. If it’s coated in wax like milk cartons of old that’s one thing, but most modern ones are coated with a thin plastic film. It’s why Starbucks’ disposable hot cups are so difficult to recycle.

4 Likes

Screenshot_2023-05-28-19-38-532

I like popcorn, especially buttered popcorn. But I would NOT want to eat cotton candy flavored popcorn!!

5 Likes

But people eat kettle corn all the time. So what’s the difference?

What gets me is the “Hand spun in the USA” line at the bottom of the bag. Is there enough of a profit margin to import cotton candy (candy floss) from China?

5 Likes

Pssshhh …. Everyone knows the best cotton candy is Sri Lankan.

6 Likes