This Odd House

Someone: I love the Wilderness Lodge so much I want to live in it!

I want to know what’s behind the little door above the kitchen and who would want to sleep in what look like crawl spaces. :grimacing: But it’s the eagle mural that really puts the house over the top for me.

3 Likes

If you get that place, you have to invite some of us.

2 Likes

We’re moving back Oop North in the next couple of months, so I’m sure we’ll be looking at some… interesting properties. Unfortunately, I imagine they’re going to fall into the “just bad” standard rental category rather than interestingly bad.

2 Likes

Oh we’ll do a whole Midwest Mistie convention :smiley:

1 Like

Close, but I’m gonna need more paneling and a kitchen cheerleader. Is there a mountain close enough?

6 Likes

Alas, no avalanche potential included with purchase.

3 Likes

Under contract ?!?

2 Likes

It’s a fixer-upper, needs a little TLC. Mold is useful for producing your own antibiotics. Only slightly haunted.

3 Likes

That house obviously needs a big dose of Vitamin Fire, but given that:
– it’s on a half acre lot listed for $440k
– there’s an empty half acre lot nearby listed for $800k

It actually seems like a pretty good deal? I mean, it can’t cost $360,000 to have someone knock this place down and haul the remains to a biohazard site, can it?

2 Likes

It’s obvious a fire gutted the house. Frankly, I’m surprised the county is allowing its sale. Whoever has bought it, has bought the land. The house isn’t salvageable. Scrape it off, build new. (it’s the only way to be sure)

5 Likes

There’s some hardwood flooring in there, but if there was a fire it’s probably been soaked and warped. And probably too mold-infested to salvage.

2 Likes

Looks like someone bought this house in September for $967k:

Which means whatever happened, happened in the last three months. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Going by local prices, it does seem like a deal, with lead/ mold abatement; ;you’re looking at around 80k (high end) to get the house cleared.

1 Like

Or, it could have been a nice place to clean close to a million bucks?

2 Likes

“Warning, may have faint smoky odor.”

2 Likes

Presenting: The Railing House.

The makers of Space Mutiny would be jealous.

4 Likes

Oh, man, I just want to hurl myself over those!

3 Likes

Better railings than no railings, considering.

Railings notwithstanding, given the location the price on that place is bizarrely low. The railings must have been installed to confuse the poltergeists.

4 Likes

I am so glad I live in a place where $1.9 million isn’t ‘bizarrely low.’

2 Likes

Hey, it’s only $1.795 million. And free shipping with Prime!

Really, though. A multi-story townhouse in a nice part of Philadelphia should be more than that.

2 Likes