This Odd House

You know that mattress has legs. Thousands of them.

5 Likes

Seems like $58,000 is a pretty good price just for an acre of land in Florida, though. Maybe they have a skunk ape problem.

5 Likes

Is it? I mean you’d have to live in Florida. They should be paying you.

6 Likes

I would build a drag theater on the land.

6 Likes

So basically this is a land deal. No one is going to buy that to live in that “house”.

Caveat though, my husband looked up the address in google maps, it is right next to the Chernobyl Memorial Forest. Just so ya know.

6 Likes

Would it be worth it? Two words: palmetto bugs.

5 Likes

This is one of the more normal-looking spaces on this thread. Though I am forever mystified at why you need almost one bathroom per bedroom. I wonder how kids who grow up in such spaces manage to deal with roommates and less, uh… customized living arrangements later on.

4 Likes

Cries out to be replaced with a Dutch Bros. drive-thru.

3 Likes

If I saw it from the curb, I would probably remark on it

9 Likes

“Keep driving!”

8 Likes

This one is only odd in the sense it’s the most well preserved example of 70’s interior decoration I’ve seen in a while. Rest In Power, someone’s Nanna.

I will call out this - I assume that pipe drains from left to right and doesn’t pump from right to left :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Who cares about draining when your toilet has a crown of flowers? Fancy!

6 Likes

Elegance somewhat undermined by the fact there is a carpet in there my god I’ve only just noticed that who puts a carpet in a WC my god think of the accumulated particulates my god my god my god!!

8 Likes

Why is this pull SCREAMING at me??!!?

7 Likes

The 70s were a hell of a time.

7 Likes

I have no idea what is going on here…

4 Likes

I long ago gave up trying to understand British plumbing.

6 Likes

I bet that was the show bathroom that no one used unless they needed to brush their teeth in a big hurry. :wink:

Keeping that pink wall-medallion covering. That is AMAZING!!

2 Likes

I understand there only taking deposits in imperial measurements presents a bit of a learning curve, but all reputable establishments should have laminated, wipe-clean conversion charts to hand.

4 Likes

A bunker. Literally a bunker.

6 Likes