Toys! Toys! Toys!

I saw that they released the images and details today.
Pro:
-It is a great reproduction, easily as nice as the NES from last year.
-Having three games represented is a nice touch.
Con:
-The initial details involved Pitfall, no pitfall here. I can see why they went for Adventure, put Pitfall would have been cool.
-I was more an Intelivision kid. Give me a scene from Treasure of Tarman over Adventure any day.

But the biggest concern is how many things are all dropping on August 1st. I already have the mini Haunted Mansion, re imagined Galaxy Explorer, and the Sanctum Santorum coming out that day, not to mention that the wife is eying the AT-TE walker…

4 Likes

OMG. I just had a memory flash worthy of Proust. I had the garage, my brother had the barn. And my sister had the house. WOW. Nice gender stereotyping MOM AND DAD!!

4 Likes

Adventure is better for me personally as we never had Pitfall when I was a kid, and Adventure is the first video game I ever remember playing.

3 Likes

Pitfall! was a third-party title (Activision, or “AcTiVision” as it was originally written) while Adventure was another first-party title (Atari) like Centipede and Asteroids. It’s really no surprise that the switch was made to simplify licensing.

3 Likes

And that does make a lot of sense.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Saw that a bit ago. while I love the concept, I really don’t need to see my own mug on a ghostbuster.

2 Likes

If they make it as fat as I am too, I might buy it.

1 Like

I had a lot of the dangerous toys from the 60s that Joel and Bots talked about

Also, the large sized GI Joes, man did I love 'em, every Birthday or Christmas I’d get a new accessory, the scuba gear, life raft with shark, etc (I loved all those doodads), the helicopter was cool. I remember the flocked hair being a big deal. You had to have the flocked upgrade!

I also remember my father’s Navy friend, visiting after being stationed in Japan, brought us these clear plastic toys, you could see all the working gears, and could take it apart and rebuild it. Unfortunately, the instructions we’re in Japanese, so I had a heck of time trying to piece it back together, lol.

6 Likes

I don’t have a lot of toys but I have the Superman Vs. Muhammad Ali two pack and it’s great.

3 Likes

So Super7 is releasing a line of Troy McClure action figures…

5 Likes

Cabbage Patch Kids, Speak 'n Spell, NES, Atari, TMNT figurines, Domino Rally (I think that’s what it was called). That’s pretty much all of the period specific toys I can think of. Now I’m nostalgic for toys from “the day” and trying to get them back.

3 Likes

Holy cats, I knew these were coming but had no idea they came with bonus figures! Doesn’t look like you can put Fuzzy Bunny in the “keep on truckin’” pose but that’s a minor quibble.

2 Likes

Why make a toy of it when you can LIVE it?

2 Likes

Personally, I love the concept of Cosplay. Have since my first conventions back in the 90’s. But it’s nothing I have never embraced doing it myself, despite have many friends who do. (Heck my wife used to cosplay and still helps make outfits for others.)

That said, I do regret not buying a Ghostbusters jacket that was at Spirit a couple years back, and gave serious consideration to a couple comic based leather jackets a retailer I’ve seen at a few cons has made and sold.

2 Likes

Regarding my list above, Mom found the original Sonar Sub Hunt we had up at Grandma and Grandpa’s house, and I found replacement parts for the missing bits on eBay. So yay for that! Also, I found a complete Unisonic rig also on the Bay of E.

And how could I forget these?

Also, @LadyShelley, I want those Crystal Climbers! :smiley:

7 Likes

These aren’t strictly speaking toys, but given the number of TMNT fans in this thread I thought they’d be appreciated. Sometime last year my wife found a book of TMNT knitting patterns from the 80s and asked her mum to make us these. A week ago they finally made their appearance.

5 Likes

BEST PILLOWS EVER!!!

-something non-caps to prevent being yelled at-

3 Likes

I loved my Merlin game so much! We also had a video cardgame (I loved blackjack the best) and one called “Fireman! Fireman!” which my brother re-christened “Splat the Baby!” Because tiny firefighters had to run back and forth with nets to catch babies falling from burning buildings. He probably still has all these stashed in the garage. That branch of the family never throws anything away, though they are known to ebay certain things.

3 Likes

And I just bought a box of Crystal Climbers off eBay. I love being an adult so I can be a kid when I zarking well want to! XD

5 Likes