TURKEY DAY TOURNAMENT 2021: Battle 4! QUEST OF THE DELTA KNIGHTS vs PRINCE OF SPACE

I can watch QotDK anytime I want on Shout. PoS (hehehe) takes much more effort to track down.

Prince of Space is the funnier episode, so that gets my vote.

Voting for Prince of Space, purely because Delta Knights was used last year I saw some smoke it’s time for lunch look at the street.

MST3K_kids_500

9 Likes

I admit I never understood the assertion that, “I’m not afraid” and “If you are, go home” are unconnected ideas. They obviously connect just fine, even with the customarily off-kilter dubbing/delivery.

3 Likes

Prince of Space is such a Mary Sue. “I’m the best at everything and no weapon can hurt me.”

Whatever. Go back to bootblacking.

3 Likes

This is a tough call for me, but ultimately… I mean my name is Pearl’s Mint :grin:

6 Likes

Delta Knights is a personal favorite since I’ve been to the same Ren Faire it was filmed at.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with bootblacking? I like it very much.

6 Likes

“Bootblacker Mary Sue” has a distinctly conflicted ring to it. Unless he’s secretly an Uber-style Bootblacker CEO or something. But I think the term gets ridiculously over-applied anyway. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I don’t usually like the term myself, but Prince of Space feels like it fits to me. A character that is the best at everything and can’t be hurt.

2 Likes

IS he the best bootblacker, though? We never met any of his rivals so how could we know? :thinking:

4 Likes

Well I’m late to the game, and folks are bringing this stuff up already, buuut, here it is anyway…

The Tale of the Tape

• Previous TD appearances? They are new, NEW I say, never been served on Turkey Day - so, “woo hoo!”

• Bring Back MST3K Top 100 rankings? Prince came in at 15th, Delta was #62 (we have voted with the this list twice, against it once)

• Better Movie? Prince gets a 1.9 at Letterbox and a 2.3 at IMDB, whereas Delta has a 1.8 at LB and a 2.2 - so Prince by a hair, unless with MSTed movies, the loser is actually the winner?

• On the SOL - Prince has a visit from Kankor and Mike as a Robot - Delta has Leonardo on the Hexfield, and Pearl in the theater (and a family breakfast)

My vote: Neither are Top 100 for me, but Delta is one of my least favorite MSTs, ever. Blech! Plus, we saw it this year already during the Kickstarter Livestream, I don’t need it back again so soon.

Prince is funnier, the dubbing and run on sentences and “we like it very much” is funnier, the visit from a character is funnier. So with all that in mind, I vote for Delta Knights.

Ha! (and just in case my comedic delivery is as bad as moviegique’s, I didn’t actually vote for Delta)

5 Likes

Wowza - this is two votes in a row where I don’t mind either one. Why can’t both of them win?:weary:

1 Like

There can be only One.

3 Likes

Tough choice, but I ended up voting for Prince of Space.

If you need me, I’ll be watching the World Championship.

2 Likes

It’s Prince of Space, hands down. Its one of the strongest combinations of MST3K: watchable movie with dumb creative choices and tight riffing. They mostly keep the Japan jokes light (well, lighter than Gamera or Neptune Men), there are some truly inspired running jokes (“Baaaaahk”) and the movie itself has a “coherent” plot where you understand at least what’s happening and why.

Oh and the host segments are very underrated, the time warp segment might be one of the best written ones of the Sci Fi era. A top 10 all timer for me

7 Likes

Easy choice for me. HAH. HAH. HAH. HAH. HAH.

4 Likes

It feels like just yesterday I was watching a Livestream of Delta Knights. It’s a great episode, but I haven’t seen Prince of Space in ages. Plus, Prince of Space has Krankor.

2 Likes

Krankor will be victorious, as soon as he’s done running away.

POS gets my vote, not least for the awesome acronym.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you about Pearl!!

1 Like