Usernames You Could've Chosen, But Didn't

Your Mom.

3 Likes

Im really bad at making user names especially onesthat I can remember later. The ones I remember that I considered areā€¦ not good. Not that the one I chose is really good, but it is descriptive.

Hobgoblin
Ravingchaosmonster
WhyNot
LastChance
BrokenAgain
WhyMe
Theworstchoice
GETmeDown
TheNightShift
TheMadMed
RepetitiveBrig

4 Likes

I pretty much use this username everywhere, which can cause problems, but to heck with it.

I think the only other screenname I would have considered using here would have been DogNamedCat.

3 Likes

Surprised this isnā€™t a username yet:

11 Likes

I totally get wanting to stay gender neutral due to being a woman on the internet. I once was a regular commenter on a baseball blog. There were other women, but not many. However, as I get older, I give less of a f*ck what people think. Hence, why I leaned into it with my username.

11 Likes

Didnā€™t really have another one in contention, but this name jumped out at me on a work related Zoom call today. If Iā€™d seen this in early August maybe things would have been different.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not an onion.

12 Likes

During the first KS campaign, while folks were getting itchy waiting for official updates, I cured my boredom (and tried to ease tensions) by writing fake official updates under the name NotTheRealJoel. I suppose I could have used that as my username here, but that was many years ago now, and I wanted to be recognized easier, so I used my initials (my full name is used on KS) and transferred over my KS avatar.

4 Likes

Plus, you got a famous kid.

7 Likes

WORMFACE

Squirm was my first MST3K episode, and it has a special place in my heart.

8 Likes

Yep. Iā€™m 50. I no longer care what people think. I do my thing, leave them to do theirs, and there ya go.

As for my user name, I use this pretty much everywhere so itā€™s me.

6 Likes

I like to create Ryder Names whenever I see Ryder type characters in a movie. The look, physicality, sheer ballistic-ness, anything goes. If I canā€™t come up with anything on the spot I just shout BIG McLARGE HUGE.

5 Likes

This would make you my board-cousin, kind ofā€¦

2 Likes

[macho 80s guitar riff]

:musical_note: Take me down to Spatula City
Where the cakes are light and the glaze is pretty
Oh, Child wonā€™t you take me homeā€¦
:musical_note:

6 Likes

Nope.
Gerry.

5 Likes

Archibald Leach

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Itā€™s really not about caring what people think about you (Iā€™m push 50 myself). I assure you, I have been called an idiot and much worse many times on the internet. But that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m fine with getting r*p* threats every time I say something political on Twitter-- itā€™s f*cked up whether you take it to heart or not, and I just donā€™t need that in my life. Also, I find it funny when people just assume Iā€™m a dude and then base some dumb response on that assumption.

Anyway this got kind of off topic so Iā€™ll leave it with a funny adage about what people think. Someone said this and I love itā€¦
At 20, you care what people think about you.
At 40, you donā€™t care what people think about you.
At 60, you realize people donā€™t think about you.

3 Likes

Mr Manfredjinsinjen

5 Likes

MRxL

6 Likes