Virtual Theater Reopening

The website says it will be relaunching in October 2023… tomorrow is the last day of October. Is it going to be a Halloween party opening?

5 Likes

I’d forgotten that they’d even given any ETA?

@Lesley @ivan , do you have any updates?

Thanks! :+1:

6 Likes

I’m case they need to update it I found the info here: VISIT THE GIZMOPLEX - Mystery Science Theater 3000

4 Likes

Has there been any update on this?
The theater has been down for both S14 livestream events so far. Would be awesome to have it back for the Turkey Day Marathon.

5 Likes

I happened upon this update tonight concerning new login capabilities:

(I don’t know when it was posted; I’m not checking there every day.)

10 Likes

I blame Coily the Spring Sprite. He attacs computer coding now. He’s updated for the ages. Hes new and sleek, and even smells a little like cinnamon.

5 Likes

Going forward, we should just blame him for everything. Maybe then there’ll be some peace around here without me having to smack the Ignore button 25 times in one month. :confused:

2 Likes

it stinks mystery science theater 3000 GIF

Maybe people could argue in memes. Might be more interesting to look at anyway.

1 Like

Oh, Lordy please no that was a big part of why I quit Twitter!

Memes and GIFs are like a fine seasoning: best used with care and not wild abandon.

4 Likes

I’ve said this before, but I block GIFs in my browser. When people post them, I never see them. If people don’t accompany it with some text, I have no idea what they’re saying.
The reason I keep them blocked is that animated GIFS on a web page seem to me like someone waving their arms in my face while I’m trying to read.

1 Like

Shiz, well, I apologize for giffing in yr face. Fortunately I rarely have anything of any merit to say anyway.

2 Likes

Wait. We have to have merit? Oh, crap I’m doomed.

2 Likes

No need to apologize. Anyone can do what they like, I’m just making the point that not everyone will see it.

1 Like

wonderful

Alt text for FastiduousRobot

It ruins the joke, but I’d like you to know. The GIF is of the scene in It’s a Wonderful Life when young George is serving Mary ice cream. As he leans over she says “Is this the GIF you can’t see? FastiduousRobot, I’ll love you until the day I die.”

9 Likes

Thank you for the update, your input in this forum is always so helpful!

2 Likes

No. But we do have to have Merritt.

120922-19849-0
MV5BMTMxYmVjY2EtZTJhZC00ZjkxLWJiNDAtODAxZTg0YjNlOTlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzk5MDQ0NA@@.V1_UY200_CR89,0,200,200_AL
MerrittMS

3 Likes

Are you sure that’s really him? :mag:

2 Likes

It sounds like they’re requiring you to have a Gmail, Facebook, or Discord to continue using the virtual theater.

I wonder what the reason is. And if the reason is just “Vimeo’s rules”, then I wonder what the reason for that is.

No, they are going to federated identity. Basically, if you have a gmail account, then you can log in with your gmail credentials and the site will accept that since Google knows who you are, then the 'Plex will trust that and accept it as well.

You won’t have to do this, but it will make logging in easier for those who do

2 Likes

It sounds like Vimeo is dropping its native authentication in favor of others, probably for security purposes.

One option it doesn’t seem to mention (so I wonder if it’s a thing) is: change your Vimeo email address to match one of the other providers.

Edit: LadyShelley suggests this is in addition to the native login. That can be so as well. We shall see.

1 Like