Weekly Update: 11/8 - 11/12: Filming has begun in Los Angeles!

I’m excited about the Gizmoplex. I’m also eager to hear the season 13 episodes and the movies planned for them.

1 Like

Understand completely :+1:

3 Likes

Will I be able to download an app to watch content on the Gizmoplex on my PS4?

They do not currently have plans to develop an app for the PS4. iOS, appletv, android, android tv, roku, and fire tv are listed in Kickstarter Update No. 15.

1 Like

:frowning_face:

So I have to get another device to watch my content?

It will also be accessible as a web page. They have said some more complicated features might only be available there. They explained everything in the Updates.

Yeah, I read it and I guess I was just in denial.

This is the newest Update (#29) that talked about device apps: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/makemoremst3k/posts/3260836

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this is the list of “TV” devices you’ll be able to stream from: Supported TV app platforms – Vimeo Help Center
There will also probably be Android and IOS apps for smart phones and tablets.

2 Likes

Yep, I’m screwed. Oh well.

At least you can get Roku and Chromecast devices for ultra cheap, just checked and Roku stuff starts at $20.

I’m really just hoping that the apps are available on day 1. Definitely not into watching movies on my computer.

2 Likes

I’m already planning on using my non-smart tv and my laptop with an HDMI to stream all new episodes. And either Plex or some other local server app to play other Gizmoplex episodes.

I use that same setup for AEW PPV, any completely legal and not-at-all outside the realm of proper online behavior shows/movies.

It’s a mild inconvenience, but it sure beats waiting six months for a VHS tape to arrive in the mail (which I still have a functional VCR, so feel free to send me any tapes ya got!)

1 Like

Well, remember that the PS4 has a browser. It’s barely a browser, mostly just a stripped down source build from who knows how long ago. But it’s there and, depending on what all the Gizmoplex chooses to leverage, it might work out and bridge that gap.

We won’t really know until there’s a Gizmoplex to poke at with tests.

3 Likes

Disappointing, if that’s what I have to do. I will probably end up getting another device solely to watch the Gizmoplex. I’m not happy about that, but it is what it is. It’s my own fault. I pumped a bit of money into this during the Kickstarter campaign and I’m not interested in not getting what I signed up for.

So did someone see how tall Jonah was next to Felicia and Patton and go, “we need to make this opposite for the next experiment!” and that’s how we ended up with Yvonne and Emily? :rofl:

5 Likes

Do you not have a phone/tablet/laptop/pc with streaming capabilities? Have you looked into peripherals to cast your existing devices to any non-smart screens you have? Or have you looked into a fire stick/chrome cast?

I do not want to watch it on my laptop. I’m probably going to get a Firestick.

1 Like

I just use a 3ft HDMI and a TV tray and play it through one of my several open ports on the HDMI switch I have for my non-smart tv. It’s worked REALLY well.

1 Like

I’ll look at that. My U-Verse and PS4 take up my only two available ports, so I’m going to have to switch out regardless.

Lunchtime @ work. Fired up the PS4.

I don’t subscribe to any monetized Vimeo OTT services (which is the service engine that the Gizmoplex is slated to use) but I was more curious if the browser could reasonably navigate to the free side of Vimeo and stream something. Can’t imagine OTT reinvents most of the Vimeo wheel.

This succeeded. The browser was even okay with modals (displayed overlay stuff like preview content and hover text). It was clunky about it but it worked.

Square button to go fullscreen.

The browser’s base behavior is to retain the most recently viewed page and load it up. There’s a history, too, but if you only ever used it for the Gizmoplex then it’d be invoked immediately.

4 Likes