What are you listening to right now?

If only Rifftrax did music.

2 Likes

‘Leave’ as in ‘leave that siren sound in for the whole song it sounds great and never gets wearing at any point’.

I do really like this album, but it sounds like what it is - an album recorded mostly during the sound checks of a bands biggest stadium tour, with all the attendant lapses in self-editing you’d expect.

2 Likes

I read that Time Fades Away by Neil Young was a big inspiration for the album and I can definitely hear it. Apparently, Neil Young disowns the album.

Wake Up Bomb is definitely a sound check since it was on the VMAs a year before the album came out.

1 Like

Sure Neil, disown TFA but never say a bad word about the Pono :person_shrugging:.

Wake Up Bomb would be a fun song if it was about a minute shorter. Which tracks for a few songs on this album which I do, honestly, like

3 Likes

Can I get a lossless copy of TFA on my Pono? How many Zunes would I need to trade in for that?

1 Like

There is no Dana, only Zunes

(sorry)

2 Likes

Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto!

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
5 Likes

12 gracious melodies!

1 Like

A video of Haircut 100 actually performing instead of lipsynching. Nice! They were a rockin’ band and that sax guy could sure play. Fast forward to 11:13 for a great version of their hit “Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl)”

and then

Not sure how I feel about the arrangement, but the video did put a smile on my face. That may be due to Nick Heyward, still cute as a button. A more mature button, granted, but a cute one nonetheless.

1 Like

I still can’t get enough of that spitting, nasty, dirty sound off these early Jimmy McGriff records.

Dig how hard he’s hitting the pedals. Granted it’s only one or two notes, and a couple of accented walk-ups, but it makes the groove.

And mastery of the expression pedal.

1 Like

Backup dancer Number One taught me every move I know!

(I just wish I knew how she could make her jacket appear and disappear at will like that. Spooky!)

2 Likes
2 Likes

“Label says we gotta make a video for this song.”

“What’s our budget?”

“Fifteen quid.”

“OK… all girlfriends in the studio, form a line stage right…”

2 Likes

No Quarter_ Jimmy Page and Robert Plant

1 Like
1 Like

A track from some old favourites of mine.

1 Like

1 Like