What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

At a small con, one of my fellow con-goers was wearing a “It Lives Again!” MST3K shirt. :blush:

4 Likes

I want to see the modern crew riff the KTMA episodes!

3 Likes

Well, they did The Million Eyes of Sumuru and that was originally a KTMA epsiode.

2 Likes

I meant the actual episodes, not just the movies they did.

2 Likes

…then why is The Crawling Eye experiment number 22?

3 Likes

They learned to count from Microsoft’s Windows naming team:

3, 3.1, 95, 98, XP, 2000, ME, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11

(Yes, I realize I probably forgot a couple in there)

6 Likes

How could you forget Microsoft Bob?

3 Likes

Because nothing is real and the logic has no place in our world

2 Likes

I started on 3.11… Windows for Workgroups!

2 Likes

Not so bad!

Just now AMZN delivered the correct product (a Zippo matte black lighter, and a three-pack of Staedtler Mars stick erasers [the latter are good, but the plastic pocket-clips break often and therefore I lose them sometimes…good erasers, otherwise, up to about 6B hardness they can erase without smudging.]).

And I was awake and heard the doorbell ring. I recognized the driver from our dispatch yard and was able to say “Thank you!” Well, it was one of the drivers with the shaved head and full beard, and I would have preferred one of the ladies I fancy, but it was still a good delivery, so full marks for that one. I forgot which company he delivers for, but he’s a low maintenance driver during load-out, so it’s cool.

Now I just gotta return the fulfillment center’s wrong product Zippo case, but I was able to pry off the orange label securing the hinge and as a special FU, and use the same envelope plus a bit of Gorilla tape to ready it for return. AFAIC, whatever used guts in the same wrong case get returned, it’s their problem at the FC.

Yeah, maybe that makes me a bad person, but this has cost me plenty having to deal with FC’s screw-up, in time, effort, energy, and cost. Eff 'em. And plus, “Problem Solve” can have a chance to get off their uppity a*&es and solve a problem, for once, when it comes to “Return to FC” cases. They aren’t all that: trust me!

At least they fulfilled my order correctly, and delivered promptly, as I supposed they would, since my own DS serves my own neighborhood and I know (79%?) the drivers are competent and appreciate the recognition, even on my day off.

Oh I remember this guy, on looking at the photo of the small box left on my front porch: he wears Doc Martens, I think non-safety-toe. I remember him from his unique grooming style, but I think I noticed the Docs last week during dispatch. Full marks!

But, mainly, I’m happy to have a new case for a Zippo lighter…I know Bradford, PA will and does repair ancient cases, but there’s only so much they can do with dodgy hinges on 30+ y.o. cases.

So, I’m happy to have a new case, and it fits the Zippo torch insert perfectly. Very much a good product. (Nothing wrong with the traditional Zippo mechanism for making fire…just it isn’t so good if one smokes a briar or corncob tobacco pipe, because of the degradation of the flint in a short time, as well as the striker wheel becoming corrupted over years).

2 Likes

Ke Huy Quan reuniting with Harrison Ford at D23

7 Likes

He was really good in Everything Everywhere All At Once.

3 Likes

Got to chat with the great John Carmack, rather unexpectedly! :blush:

3 Likes

Did you quake in your boots?

3 Likes

We had a good time at the party. The best part was seeing my 12-year-old drummer daughter jam with my nearing-50 friends and keeping up. It wasn’t complicated drumming, but it was good enough to sound like a real band.

7 Likes

He was keen!

1 Like

My cousin’s husband posted a video of a family gathering in 1993. Seeing everyone in their early 90s glory was incredible as this is pretty much how I still picture them 30 years later.

6 Likes

A band with 50 drummers? Not even Doug Funnie could dream of such heights.

2 Likes

I’m smiling (or rather, breathing a sigh of relief) that the short circuit in my new apartment didn’t blow up my new projector.

4 Likes

johnny5

8 Likes