What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

That tattoo design looks great!

4 Likes

If youā€™re ever in DC, I highly recommend Sarah at Electric Cat Scratch Tattoo.

5 Likes

Wow that came out gorgeous! What a great art concept too.

Now that you have one would you consider getting more? I think about it now and then but thereā€™s nothing Iā€™m that dedicated to.

4 Likes

A gal at our local sushi joint asked me for movie recommendations - she loves sci-fi/ fantasy and is younger than I, yet has a Gelfling tattoo, so I made up a list of 80s-90s movies and shows in the sci-fi / fantasy / monster genres.

She came running out this evening with my sushi so excited to get her list. Turns out she has Sat and Sun off for the first time in a few months, and she plans to spend all weekend ā€œat home, eating microwave popcorn, and watching these movies!ā€

No pressure, eh? :rofl:

She was so hyped and it made me smile. I hope she loves some of the stuff I suggested. :crossed_fingers:

15 Likes

Thinking about getting ocean waves because in the finale of The Good Place, Chidi compares death to the wave coming back to the ocean . I initially thought that would be another miscarriage tattoo, but considering Iā€™ve lost my dad in the last five years, itā€™s especially poignant (although heā€™d hate that I got a tattoo todayā€“he looked at tattoos as something low-class).

4 Likes

I spent money I didnā€™t want to spend on a window AC unit for my office and I am SO MUCH LESS MISERABLE in this heat! I couldnā€™t be more ecstatic, I could almost cry. Itā€™s been unbearable from about 1pm onward. Truly enormous life improvemen!

9 Likes

Parents and tattoo, a timeless conflict. Tattoo artists can do some great stuff with waves though. I know a fellow who almost drowned in the ocean while surfing and he got a Hokusai-style wave tattoo to commemorate the lesson he learned from that. Took up his entire forearm and looked very cool.

5 Likes

I complained in the gripe thread about having to drive over a mountain pass at the beginning of my move, but today, my sisters and I decided that weā€™ll go the other way that doesnā€™t require a steep mountain pass. We still have to go through mountains but much lower and no real summits or switchbacks. Thank goodness.

8 Likes

cables, Iā€™ve never used bluetooth

They had Dreyers on sale 2 for $5, so I picked up a couple of new flavors, Salted Caramel Pretzel Path and Cookie Cobblestone - and thereā€™s almost too much goodness in each, I donā€™t know what flavor to concentrate on in each bite, the chocolate covered pretzel, the toffee chunks, the ribbon of fudge or the caramel ice cream?

Ate a little of each while watching Cormanā€™s ā€œThe Day the World Endedā€ (which was actually pretty good).

Smile worthy indeed.

7 Likes

I went to check my balance at my financial institution yesterday morning, and due to a glitch in the system:

IMG_0901

Itā€™s been fixed as of this morning; but it was nice pretending to be a Beverly Hillbilly for a day.

13 Likes

Today, Iā€™m leaving for Wisconsin to start my new job and a new chapter in my life (as trite as that phrase sounds). Itā€™s exciting and frightening and Iā€™m both looking forward to it and a little anxious about it. Still, itā€™s coming and if I can get through the new job bumps, Iā€™m quite certain this is going to be a good experience.

So yes, even with that vacillating, Iā€™m smiling. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Good night of sleep and hot strong coffee make for a solid morning. :heart:

8 Likes

@GustavLongtorso, shouldā€™ve treated yourself to one of those $40,000 Gizmoplex tickets, seen what all the fuss is about.

@TeriG, congratulations and bon voyage! I hope this is the start of your best chapter yet.

@Amanda_Gregory same! :raised_hands: And Iā€™ll add a non-gripe I just discovered: My phone now properly autocorrects all fat-finger variants of ā€œGizmoplex.ā€ Good job, robot friend.

8 Likes

My browser on my computer goes to gizmoplex.com before it goes to google.com, and Iā€™m using a chrome browser, so I feel like this is a pretty big accomplishment.

10 Likes

The glorious Gizmoplex Empire shall eat Alphabet Crunch for breakfast!

3 Likes

From CNN just now:

Hey, Iā€™d love to parent a talking dog! Especially with Chris Evans! Rahr!

8 Likes

Only one week left of Summer Break! Itā€™s not that I donā€™t love and adore my kid, of course. Itā€™s just that I havenā€™t been alone in the house since May and it takes a toll.

9 Likes

Iā€™m in the new house and the terror of the move is solidly behind me. Now to finish furnishing the place and move my partner and her dog in! Oh, and sell the old place. Hope the market hasnā€™t cooled too badly for that! :house:

7 Likes

I had been working out, but stopped when I got pregnant and felt too sad to work out when I miscarried. My husbandā€™s aunt referred me for a free 7 day pass at Goldā€™s Gym, and tonight I tried out their Bodypump class. Thereā€™s several of them each week, and I think I am going to go back. Going to pack a protein bar in my purse before going next time, since I immediately wanted to eat something after such an intense workout.

More about Bodypump:

7 Likes