What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

Get rid of the boxes! When the time comes, you can get more. Meanwhile, there’s a better use for your new space than storing them.

3 Likes

I ordered a big bag of ground Hatch and made carne adovada last week. I didn’t have the time to give a pot of posole the attention it needed so I skipped that this time around, but that’s OK.

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve been doing. Breaking down every box and putting it in recycling.

3 Likes

The boxes know where you live, TeriG

3 Likes

The one labeled “Hamdingers”, obviously.

5 Likes

Uh oh. I think I threw that one out. After a week in a trailer, I figured they’d be rotten…

2 Likes

So basically what you do is you take your chicken, turn it into a fine paste, dry it, chop it into a powder, and then later on when you want food you add a splash of water and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Scared Boy Meets World GIF

2 Likes

It’s Friday night, this week is finally in the ground, and I’ve put FOUR tins of beer away so by my standards things are pretty….I believe the phrase is ‘turnt’ in the modern parlance. Although it might not be. Did I mention the four tins of beer?

3 Likes

No.

To me that’s homeopathic.

But I smile that for once I only ate about ⅓ a pound of hummus, accompanying the Ritz Crisp & Thins.

Unusual, unprecedented, and unheard of! The unused hummus goes into the fridge!

2 Likes

I ate leftover goulash. It is the best kind of goulash.

I keep forgetting and then remembering that there’s a livestream tonight. For some reason, I feel like I need about four beers.

5 Likes

There’s a thunderstorm rolling in.

I don’t like what that means in terms of a potential power/internet outage, but hot damn, I love listening to thunder and rain.

4 Likes

To ensure your flying is appropriately moronic?

2 Likes

Believe it or not, it’s just meeeee.

4 Likes

Remember this smile I mentioned last week? Well, I went to pick up our Friday sushi, and this gal came running out the front door and gave this hand signal:

To which I yelled: “YOU WATCHED BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA!!”

We squee. She also watched Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer. This weekend she plans to watch TRON and The Mummy.

I’m training her right! :laughing:

13 Likes

I looove TRON and The Mummy (you mean the Brendan Fraser movie, right?).

4 Likes

After fifteen years in the same place I still have the old fold-up corrugated cardboard monstrosities.

One never knows when one should need them again,

Burn it! Burn it! Kill it with fire!

Trust me, I know, and I know after a dozen or so moves, it isn’t worth it to preserve the packing boxes. Do as I say, not as I do, Youngling!

4 Likes

Me too. Legit one of my top 10 movies! /endofline

I mean both Mummy movies!

(I’ve heard rumors of a third Mummy movie, having something to do with Tom Cruise, but I have not been able to confirm such rumors….)

7 Likes

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Damn, how cool is that?! :smiley: You are absolutely going about the movie training like gangbusters, I love it!

Maybe more John Carpenter movie viewings are somewhere in the future?

6 Likes

:wink::wink::wink:

6 Likes