What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

We used to have a place here called Suds & Duds that was a combination laundromat and bar.

3 Likes

There are a few places around here where you can do laundry and buy nightcrawlers.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of those before. I believe there are also combination laundromat/arcades in some places. There was a single arcade machine in laundromat/laundromate, one of those 15 different fighting games, plus a couple of other games thrown in. I got really good at Puzzle Bobble.

2 Likes

Places like that are super common around college campuses. I remember several in the neighborhoods where students lived off campus when I was at Ohio State.

1 Like

I had to go to a laundromat a while long ago (our king size comforter didn’t fit in our machine). Fine, except the washer cost $12.50 and it didn’t take credit cards or bills. ALL QUARTERS.

Since this isn’t the griping thread I’ll end by saying we later bought a new, lighter comforter that does fit in our machine, hooray!

4 Likes

Yeah, having to have a million quarters sucks too, but the worst part is the boredom. Somehow no book or game or other distraction works. You’re stuck at the laundromat and it’s like 90 minutes of prison.

3 Likes

Well, made it through another “lost weekend” and tomorrow morning it will be dark, I will be wearing sunglasses, with a full pack of cigarettes, just filled up the gasoline tank in the vehicle, and am not planning to unleash all reserves of my rage (some, but not all!) at my incompetent coworkers.

Plus, the weather’s a little cooler than last week of moderately high temps (about 90° F).

OHHH! And a 16-oz. bag of Blue Diamond “Smokehouse” almonds…on sale for the extremely low price of $4.99! Unheard of!

1 Like

Tricked a couple of trout into trying to eat a hook with feathers tied to it. Is bug! Ha! Is not bug!

11 Likes

I sat out on my balcony this afternoon. It was really nice.

AND I walked around my apartment most of the day in bare feet and it wasn’t too bad! Progress!

…flag on the moon… how did it get there?

13 Likes

I came in Second in our neighborhood Wing Contest!

Me with my wooden engraved plaque!

Here are said wings whilst cooking them!

Smoked Wings & Sauce

13 Likes

Was the chicken suit the first-place prize?

9 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. Got the electric company off my back.

I’m going into The Place for That Thing tomorrow, so that’ll be out of the way for the rest of the week.

Oh, the week after this Friday I should get a $1500 bonus included on my paycheck for my five years at this place. Set my tax withholdings to “exempt” (fed) and 9 exemptions (state) so should get minimally taxed, after which can go set the withholdings back to where they should be.

2 Likes

Heartiest congratulations, that’s awesome! :smiley:

5 Likes

That was the host, she came in third. :laughing:

7 Likes

@DAV should have known that. Everybody’s heard about the bird.

5 Likes

You know, there’s this word I’ve heard…

Something something comes in third.

6 Likes

Yeah hi, it’s not quite 8 AM here and I am READY FOR WINGS PLZ KTHX :drooling_face:

8 Likes

I don’t like wings, but they’re apparently insanely popular here. In this town, there are at least three places that specialize in them, and they’re all within a couple of miles of each other.

We also have a Popeye’s and a Chick-Fil-A right next to each other, and they’ve always got a line in both drive-throughs.

3 Likes

We got a Popeye’s recently. The first week or two, it snarled traffic. Since then, tumbleweeds.

I wish the same would happen to Dunkin Donuts, but alas.

Buffalo wings are the bird word here, because NY, whatta you looginat? I have a favorite wing place where I can gromf down char-grilled wings until my face sweats off, but I’m not telling.

3 Likes

Dunkin is terrible. Their donuts aren’t even fresh in the store, they truck them in. And their coffee is indescribably bad. I don’t get why people love them.

2 Likes