What fake last name would you choose?

I almost forgot; I also would like Serling, as in Rod Serling.

8 Likes

I was gonna reply with a twilight zone gif, but it turned out to be super blinky. Don’t wanna trigger any photosensitive people.

4 Likes

Jones was my first thought too. Or Williams. Or Williams-Jones to be pretentious.

For all the Iantos and Marthas and Rhyses and Rorys in the world

3 Likes

Don’t forget that Mike Nelson is technically a sci-fi name! He just didn’t have to change it to anything.

Trace: “Hey Mike, what’s your host name going to be?”
Mike: Mike … uh… (looks around his office. Spies a copy of Sea Hunt) NELSON!"
Trace: But tha (gets cut off by Bridget)
Bridget: Just roll with it. It’s for the best.
(SCENE)

2 Likes

We know the real truth!

8 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

2 Likes

I’m so sorry

18 Likes

You made it better!

3 Likes

When this question came up on the Kickstarter, I went with ‘Bixby’.

7 Likes

This is where I chime in about the time that I met Mike Nelson while he was working at a trendy coffee shop. OK, not our Mike Nelson, but another one. He admired my MST3K T-shirt and then introduced himself.

:coffee:

1 Like

:rofl: That’s awesome

Forrester! Forrester! Dr. Karen Forrester!

5 Likes

Inspired by Johnny. Or is it Johnnie?

I would have to go with Reynolds after Mal from Firefly :blush:

6 Likes

As the only human among robots I would have to go with Solo. You decide if it is a reference to Han or Napoleon.

3 Likes

I already did.

Surprisingly, Dark isn’t my real last name.

Ah, the luxury of being a Z-grade internet celebrity.

I do want to make it official someday, but that’s expensive and I don’t work in a hot fish shop like Joel.

1 Like

I feel like Skarsgard would go well with my first name, or, if we’re going for a specific reference, Hartnell

2 Likes

Not from action or scifi, but I’d go with Quixano - the “real” last name of the main character of Don Quixote de la Mancha. The spelling varies a bit depending on what translation you’re reading but this version occurs a lot (replacing the X with a J is also seen a lot but I like keeping it an X to match the musical and movie).

If I have to limit it to scifi though, maybe Sokko, as in …and His Flying Robot. This is an old person reference. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think we all know the correct answer to this…

8 Likes

I was originally thinking “Kin Dog”, but I’m sure someone here would argue that Ghost Dog isn’t an action hero (BOOOOOO), so I’ll just go with Kin McClane

1 Like