What fake last name would you choose?

Is Max Powers already taken?

3 Likes

As in Johnny?

1 Like

If my first name was anything other than Troy, Iā€™d be seriously tempted to go with McClure. But, wellā€¦ you knowā€¦

Instead Iā€™d probably go with West (a good Hollywood name shared by numerous B list actors thatā€™s only a few letters off from my real name) or Hudson, (ala Rock) which is also a very classic 50s sci-fi name, with the added benefit of carrying on the tradition of host names ending in -on (Robinson, Nelson, Heston, and uhā€¦ Conner)

8 Likes

My previous house had a minor, yearly infestation of Ladybirds that we couldnā€™t shift. Not glamorous, but a kind of villainy (or at least it felt like it)

2 Likes

I wanna see a band called Ladybird Shift

4 Likes

Same! I feel so akin to Grantā€¦I too am gruff, like dinosaurs, and regard children with wariness! :grin: Also the Alan Grant pop funko was the very first of those figurines I ever owned.

1 Like

In my mind they sound like Strawberry Switchblade. Not sure why.

1 Like

Bulldozer.

I think thatā€™d make me tough and cool and kewl and tuff.

Came here to say precisely that! :smiley:

1 Like

Will they always start their sets with XTCā€™s Ladybird ?

Damn but I do love that song.

1 Like

ā€œEmoryā€ would sound cool and womanly (see C.J. Cherryhā€™s Cyteen) but more suitable for an anti-hero or even outright villain.

If they donā€™t we can just keep shouting it out until they do. Bands usually respond really well to that.

2 Likes

But bouncers seldom do.

(Donā€™t ask me how I know this.)

Iā€™m sure they overreacted.

And even if they didnā€™t, letā€™s just say they did

1 Like

If nothing else this has brought this song to mind, which is always welcome

1 Like

Well how 'bout that. Iā€™ve walked (or been driven) past the actual Jefferson Apartments many times, but Iā€™ve never heard the band before.

BTW, when I get in a bleak mood matching that of this narrator, I just go crank up The Dismemberment Planā€™s ā€œYou Are Invited,ā€ and I immediately feel better. :smiley:

2 Likes

I love how much this thread has deviated from the intended purpose. lolā€¦ Iā€™m not complaining. Merely amused.

4 Likes

Lister as in Dave Lister from Red Dwarf, another funny stranded in space show.

3 Likes

I got to meet Kryten before the pandemic! Nice guy! Called me a smeg head!

4 Likes

Great song, great album!

1 Like