WHERE are you right now? (Travel, concerts, treks, etc)

Hey all! Thought I’d make a show us where you are thread! Going to a concert? Taking a fun hike? Traveling to new or oft visited places? Post them here!!

Currently…

8 Likes

I see your mom tried to plug something in again.

5 Likes

Pretty nice!

8 Likes

Also, I’m in my home office right now because everyone else is asleep. Quite the adventure!

5 Likes

I just got back from a cross-country road trip. My brother and I drove the entire length of Route 66 and back again (on a different route) for a 6,000 mile journey on America’s back roads.

12 Likes

I’ve driven the Interstate parts of Route 66 and OMG is Texas booooooooring!

I went the Utah route driving from California to Indiana the last time I did it. Much more scenic, even though it’s less iconic. If you do plan on driving across the country again, I highly recommend that route. Although not in the winter.

3 Likes

Our return trip was from California through to Utah and across into Indiana, which was quite nice. I agree that driving all the way across Texas is not very exciting.

In the past 7 or 8 years, I’ve been to all 48 states in the Continental US on various road trips. We have a rule that we only drive on back roads and only eat at mom & pop restaurants. It’s a great way to see the country!

5 Likes

Did you drive through Terre Haute, Indiana on 70? If so, I would have waved if I’d known.

3 Likes

No, but I’ve been through Terre Haute many times. I used to live in Crawfordsville.

4 Likes

The town with the circular jail! I’ve never been, but I’ve always wanted to see that.

4 Likes

When you posted, in bed, asleep.
Right now? In kitchen feeding the cat.

Possible adventure next week?

3 Likes

I’m in Boise, Idaho. No, no, no, wait a minute, I’m in Anchorage, Alaska. No, no, wait, I’m in Casper, Wyoming. I’m in the lobby of a Howard Johnson’s and I’m wearing a pink carnation.

2 Likes

Where am I? What’s it to you? Are you a cop? Cause you have to tell me if you are!

5 Likes

On the sun. Enjoying a beer.

5 Likes

I’m definitely not listening to some lame one hit wonder.

2 Likes

Well, now I’m listening to this…

2 Likes

Now you guys have got me asking…

3 Likes

Florence!

11 Likes

You Tell 'Em, Flo! GIF - Kiss My Grits Alice Flo Mels Diner - Descubre ...

4 Likes

This week wound up two out of town trips.

First was to Grand Junction CO to take part in a track meet (did pretty good, couple of firsts, couple of seconds, and a third). That one was a solo trip.

The second was to Iowa to visit my wife’s mom (the first time the three stinkers met great-grandma). There was a major disappointment in that it was in LeMars, which calls itself “The ice Cream Capital of the World.” Being a good Wisconsin boy, I find such a self-given moniker blasphemous.

LeMars is the location of Blue Bunny ‘ice cream.’ Of course we had to go to their shop to have some. BLUE BUNNY IS THE WORST ICE CREAM. Every time I’ve had it, it’s sour. Ice cream is not supposed to be sour.

It isn’t.

3 Likes