Empathetic Badge

I like the way you think!

I will say going off the rails is giving me a lot of good chuckles.

We need that laugh button, or even a custom made cartoon Arch Hall Jr. saying, “You’re funny Mr. Miller, real funny”

7 Likes

I was definitely thinking about wanting laugh buttons on here recently.

7 Likes

I just realized I was going down the thread liking everyone’s posts. Irony. What’s funny is we all seem to be the ones who frequent this forum the most.

Not to derail anything (though I’m damn good at it), but I really appreciate talking with all of you here. Some may know that I’m a longtime resident of middle TN. If you’ve read the What’cha Reading? thread, watch the Bill Hicks clip. Pretty much sums up my last 40+ years. I also don’t have many friends, mostly due to the many mental problems I’ve struggled with most of my life. So, quite a few of us are kindred spirits. This last month, I’m finally seeking help to take care of myself, not only for me, but for my wonderful family and friends I do have.

Anyway, thank you to all for reading my sarcastic ramblings. We live in a time where it seems most people choose waiting to talk vs actually listening. Being in a place with like minded individuals has been therapy I didn’t realize I needed, even if my wife doesn’t understand (to be fair, she is a social butterfly, and a beautiful one too).

7 Likes

For those folks who just didn’t care?

7 Likes

Why doesn’t Johnny care?

5 Likes

Why don’t they care?

William_Boyett

6 Likes

Curious, I went to take a look, and my numbers are the opposite required, I have over 1000, and gave over 500… I’m just not giving enough.

So, where’s my “Selfish Bastard” award?

9 Likes

Just one more reason why you are the source of all our pain and Spielberg won’t return you calls. Thanks for nothing and may dog have mercy on your soul!

7 Likes

That would actually be a clever system: To have “Like” values based on distribution. Some people would be more, shall we say, promiscuous than others. Some people could be so stingy their likes would be like badges. Heh.

I’m not proposing such a thing, mind you, I’m just…a geek who goes down rabbit holes.

7 Likes

2.5k given, 2.9k received. I’m such a slüt.

Oh, and those are likes I’m talking about. Not the other thing. That’s even more. :wink:

11 Likes

Sloot.

6 Likes

That made me laugh, not only for your comment but I just re-watched Bridget & MJ’s Tupperware short… I won’t spoil it for anyone, but if you’ve seen it, you know what I mean. (slüt everyone, slüt)

7 Likes

You are not alone.

6 Likes

Well done, my friend, and certainly earned!

Did you know you can select two Favorite Badges and they are the ones that appear explicitly on your profile pop-up? I’ve set Empathetic and Popular Link now, they are fun badges with a strong community flavor.

8 Likes

@MichaelRobertson I can’t see the little member info popup when I clicked on your profile. Was wondering if that’s a glitch-I can see everyone else’s :hushed: Congratulations also

4 Likes

Hmmm … that’s odd. I don’t think I’ve turned anything off in the privacy settings, but I’ll dig around in there and see.

5 Likes

Try again. The box to hide my profile was checked—not sure why.

6 Likes

That worked. I thought I got blocked or something :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

And now the Admired badge? If this weren’t a forum dedicated to people who love bad cheesy things I’d be worried.

You’re all wonderful people and I’ll remember you in my nightly prayers to Vaal.

13 Likes

I see a pattern forming.

6 Likes