Very disillusioned right now

Fun fact: Waffle House in Indiana is called Waffle Steak because there was already another restaurant chain called Waffle House that existed here when they moved in. The spacious Waffle House in the town I grew up in was totally different from the tiny Southern staple. It was closer to a Dennys. Although it also never closed. We used to go there late at night and play Risk.

5 Likes

No readin’ in Waffle House, per the Book of Bill.

6 Likes

We went twice in a weekend. It was my kids favorite part of the trip. He got chocolate chip waffles and bacon both times.

3 Likes

My son is excited for chocolate chip waffles and hash browns.

I’m just going to have one of everything.

3 Likes

I’ve become a late in life convert to enjoying grits. And I over ordered BIG TIME at Waffle House. And I will do the same on my next trip.

2 Likes

In my state we have a gas station called Quick Trip, while neighboring Minnesota is home to Kwik Trip. When Kwik Trip decided to expand into my state they had to call local store Kwik Star.

5 Likes

Their was a restaurant near my old apartment called Waffle House, started up in 1955 and no relation to the chain. They were decently known in the area directly by them, but were never a “destination” place to eat, (not having a decent amount of parking can easily make you decide to go elsewhere) and anyone not familiar with them had an IHOP a stones throw away, and two Denny’s in driving distance.

Regardless the building they called home was demolished a couple months back due to a new development.

I was overjoyed however to find out they had actually leased a spot in another new development 10 minutes walking away from my place. It’s smaller but should open any week now. (They delayed setting the new space up due to a few delay’s on the demo of there old spot that the squeaked every last day out of.) But the second that they put up signs on the unit that they would be moving in, I saw a bunch of posts on local reddits and sites that we all “Waffle House?!? you mean the US Chain!!”

It’s amazing that while the drive between their old location and their new one is less than a 30 minute drive, that just shifting to the other side of a river leads to so many not knowing that the place existed for decades.

(edit, fixed opening date, was there even longer than I thought.
Iconic Waffle House restaurant to open new Surrey location soon | Dished)

6 Likes

This latest turn in the thread just makes me wonder if an MST-logo waffle iron or pizzelle maker could be in the works as an S14 premium? :waffle: I guess then I’d have to pitch in the 2K in support or whatever that tier cost. Who needs a pension, am I right?

9 Likes

That would actually be pretty nifty.

7 Likes

Though a stamp-press whatsit for cookies or butter pats would probably be wayyyy easier to ship.

8 Likes

NOBODY STAMPS BUTTER PATS CLANG!

2 Likes

Martha Stewart Theater begs to differ.

4 Likes

Madness.

3 Likes

If I had a proper stamp, I would stamp all the pats of butter I could find

5 Likes

And just leave them around in non-buttery places.

ATMs need butter. So does the DMV. Last time at the Post Office? No butter!

6 Likes

I will not rest until every place is a buttery place

4 Likes

I’m aboard the butter train. I look forward to the day when I find a rancid butter pat in the Walmart toy section and remember that there are others out there, just…buttering stuff. Thanks, msties.

1 Like

I’m going to install one of those butter lending libraries in my front yard. I will stock it with a few sticks worth of pats, and see if the public responds in kind with generous pats of butter for the less fortunate.

4 Likes

I just think it’ll be great when I’m out getting an oil change and gnawing on a roll and thinking “mmmneed butter” and presto there’s butter. That will be a world.

2 Likes

2 Likes